Fixing Bike Rack to Nuevo

Bethan

Hi, we have an Autosleeper Nuevo and are going to fix a Fiamma Pro bike rack to her but we are unsure of where the reinforced batons are. Has anyone ever fitted one of these and have a plan from Autosleeper? Unfortunately Autosleeper are not working at the moment to get the information from them - well they are not answering their phone or emails at least :-(

Would be very grateful for any assistance in this. Thank you.

Having had a manufacturer fitted bike rack fall off because it wasn't fitted correctly I'd seriously advise you to enure you fit the rack with through bolts and definitely NOT with self tappers. And you do need to ensure the bolts that hold it on go through battens as you know.

You can carry on trying to get an answer from Autosleeper re where the battens are, or you could pop in to a local dealer and see if they can advise or, for your own peace of mind, buy a stud finder anyway such as one of these.

Link to Google search

If all else fails, drill your first hole as a v. small one and see if sawdust comes out. If not fill the hole with the silicone you'll be using later

Re a stud finder. If you bought one from Screwfix or B&Q and were careful unwrapping it, it'd be a bit naughty to take it back after just one use saying it didn't work and you don't really need it 'cos a mate did the job for you or some such. In fact my local Scrwfix told me to do that with a little fifty quid battery plunge saw. I was umming and ahrring about. He said just buy it, use it, clean it and bring it back for a full refund. (^)

Archived