Fleurette Migrateur Bed jigsaw puzzle!

Gaby53

We have had three trips out in the Fleurette Migrateur 72L which we bought in February but still haven’t mastered the puzzle of making the seat cushions into the second bed. As it is me who sleeps in it, I have a particular interest in making sure that the cushions don’t slip around, but I am the first to admit that my spacial awareness skills are poor to say the least and wondered if there was someone out there who could give me a few tips? There must surely be a specific way to lay them out without gaps? In hope.

Gaby53 - 2020-06-17 3:44 PM

We have had three trips out in the Fleurette Migrateur 72L which we bought in February but still haven’t mastered the puzzle of making the seat cushions into the second bed. As it is me who sleeps in it, I have a particular interest in making sure that the cushions don’t slip around, but I am the first to admit that my spacial awareness skills are poor to say the least and wondered if there was someone out there who could give me a few tips? There must surely be a specific way to lay them out without gaps? In hope.

It might help if you could give the year of your Migrateur 72L, as it isn't a model designation I can find. Is Migrateur 72L the whole of the model designation? In the meantime, isn't there a description of the process in the manual?

Even when you've sorted it, you may still consider a mattress topper - we bought from IKEA for our VW camper van and present old folks's motor caravan (ie shower, toilet, oven, freezer, bed we can leave made up, space for grandchildren!).

Fleurette’s “Migrateur” range seems to have been introduced in France for the 2007 model-year and the full suffix of the “72” model appears to be “LBM”. Some UK details are here

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/buyers-guide/motorhomes/details/72-lbm/2923

and the interior layout of the 2011 version is shown here

https://www.lemondeducampingcar.fr/guide-d-achat/fleurette-72-lbm-3

There also seems to have been a “SLB” version as described in this YouTube video

Page 4 of this Fleurette catalogue

http://docs.campingcar-infos.com/docs/Fleurette/Fleurette%202010%20Fleurette%20Catalogue.pdf

explains what the suffix letters (eg. LBM) mean and Pages 20 and 21 relate to the 72 LBM model.

It’s pretty clear that the secondary ‘double’ bed in the front lounge is made up by rearranging the lounge’s seat cushions and that the middle support will come from the central fixed table being lowered. How the cushions are then best rearranged will be a matter of experimentation and it’s more than likely there will be no guidance in the Fleurette owner’s manual.

Gaby53’s type of question has come up before here (though not I think relating to a Fleurette) where the front lounge has the 72 LBM’s seating layout. The motorhome owner’s expectation is that rearranging the seat cushions in a very specific way will result in a secure comfortable largish bed, but the reality is that it won’t. There’s probably an optimum way that the Migrateur’s cushions can be rearranged, but that may still involve ridges, gaps and the cushions potentially moving about. Adding concealed hook-and-loop (Velcro) tape to the cushions might minimise movement and Conrad's advice to use a mattress topper should help mitigate any ridges/gaps issues.

Fleurette motothomes will be relatively rare in the UK, so the chances of getting feedback from someone who actually knows how a 72 LBM’s lounge bed should be constructed are small. It might be worth contacting the factory

https://www.fleurette-florium.fr/en/contact/#

or asking about this on a French camping-car forum.

Many thanks for all comments/suggestions. It is indeed an 72lbm 2011 Migrateur and, as we live in France makes perfect sense to pose the question on a French site. I will also root out one of our bed toppers which should help things. My husband points out that we should maybe put the bed together earlier in the evening and before starting on the red wine! Off to Royan next week so will see how things go!

From the email address in your forum Profile I wondered if you were based in France.

I did stroll casually around the French internet but couldn’t find anything about problems constructing Fleurette ‘dinette’ beds.

Fleurette/Florium dealerships are shown here

https://www.fleurette-florium.fr/en/dealers/

Apparently there are three within 100km of Royan, so you might try visting one (or all) of them and asking if they know how to build the bed.

I also notice that there is a Fleurette camping-car club - the annual subscription is €30, but the first year seems to be free.

https://www.fleurette-ccc.fr/accueil/

The day/night layouts of the Migrateur 72 LBM and 73 LJ are shown in the attached images below.

The 72 LBM model has a longer settee by the habitation-area entrance door, so its bed will have less ‘cut-away’ on its right-hand edge than that of a 73 LJ. But the bed construction from the seating’s base and backrest cushions should otherwise be similar to that indicated in Casimir’s very helpful photo.

What Casimir’s photo also shows is that the real-world shape of the bed will not match the pictures in Fleurette’s catalogue.

(My Rapido 640F has two inwards-facing front-lounge settees that can be converted from the seat cushions into a tranverse single bed. By adding/removing various peculiar bits and pieces, the settees can also be transformed into two forwards-facing travel seats with 3-point safety belts. But I wouldn’t want to sit in either of those travel seats and providing that capability meant that the end of one of the settees was poorly supported. I’ve always thought that the Rapido designers were having a laugh...)

335991776_72LBM.png.3f2f6a1c0e507e3732ef78fa214899f1.png

1319500957_73LJ.png.3d66f72c608ff976e3d1b254e60b8897.png

Problem solved! Dozy me was looking for something complicated but, in reality, when I looked at it properly it was just a case of moving the two bank seats to the middle over the collapsed table then dropping the back cushion banks flat. Perfect night’s sleep. Thanks for all the advice.

Archived