You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Found Useful Socket in 2015 Sevel Cab Battery Box?
AuthorMessage
userDavyS
Posted: 30 April 2021 9:38 AM
Subject: Found Useful Socket in 2015 Sevel Cab Battery Box?

Liking what I've found

While investigating the cab battery in my 2015 Peugeot Boxer, I found this socket in the battery compartment. Not connected to anything. My dealer tells me it is for the minibus converters use.
So probably allows switches in the cab to control items in the rear compartment? Or the lights to come on when a door is opened?
It struck me that it might be useful for us motorhomers but cannot think of an application.
Any thoughts?

(Sevel motorhome socket in battery compartment.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Sevel motorhome socket in battery compartment.jpg (39KB - 7 downloads)
userKeithl
Posted: 30 April 2021 9:40 AM
Subject: RE: Found Useful Socket in 2015 Sevel Cab Battery Box?

Lord of the posts

DavyS,

What are the wire colours in the plug and someone may be able to identify there function? eg Permanent live, ignition controlled live, etc.

Keith.
userbuddy
Posted: 30 April 2021 10:22 AM

Pops in from time to time

I think you would need to be very careful if you use this plug for anything ,other than for its intended purpose, as these vans seem to feed everything through the ECU , these are very sensitive and need to be programmed for most things it seems.
userAlanb
Posted: 30 April 2021 12:57 PM

Epic contributor

I think that this socket may be for the optional battery disconnector, which was discussed in this thread.

Alan
userDerek Uzzell
Posted: 30 April 2021 2:13 PM

I agree with Alan’s suggestion.

The photo below shows the relevant part of the upper surface of the starter-battery of a Bessacarr motorhome fitted with the ‘battery disconnection feature’. When this feature is present the battery’s negative terminal has a small ‘black box’ attached to it and the box itself has the socket/plug I’ve circled in red.

(plug.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments plug.jpg (64KB - 17 downloads)
userDavyS
Posted: 1 May 2021 2:00 PM

Liking what I've found

Yes Derek that looks very much like it.
I dont have a battery disconnect feature and so maybe that's why its not connected
userDerek Uzzell
Posted: 1 May 2021 4:18 PM

I believe your motorhome is an Elddis Accordo 105 that you acquired new in 2015.

There has been the occasional mention on motorhome forums of the Battery Disconnection Function (BDF), sometimes relating to Ducatos but usually when the motorhome is Peugeot Boxer-based. Online comments suggest the BDF was (is?) commonly found on Elddis Boxer-based models.

The BDF is turned on/off via a button on the ignition-switch (image below) and there should be an adjacent ’how to use’ sticker. So if your Accordo has neither the ignition-switch button nor the sticker, It’s reasonable to assume that a BDF was not part of its original specification.

The Fiat Ducato Owner Handbook for my 2015 motorhome has a useful explanatory section for the BDF, but Peugeot Boxer handbooks are (in my view) much less comprehensive than the Ducato publications.

My Ducato does not have a BDF and I don’t recall seeing a spare connector in its starter-battery compartment. If your Boxer was ‘pre-wired’ for a BDF, investigating behind its ignition-switch might reveal the presence of another unattached connector.

(red button.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments red button.png (178KB - 9 downloads)
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator