French fuel-latest info?

sreve

Hi there

We are off to france on monday (dover to calais) and I'm after some up to date info from anyone just returned or just gone south regarding availability of deisel and whether there is a limit on how many litres allowed per vehicle also the road block situation.we will be heading from calais to rouen and then down the west coast.

Thanks

This was told to me by the wife.

On Thursday there was a blockade on the Marcel Doret estate which is just off j3 on the 216 route to the ferries at Calais

At the entry of the Rue Marcel Dassault (Avenue) they were asking drivers whether they wanted Pidou wine store, left at end of road or Gasoil, on the right down the road. Peeps wanting booze were allowed to pass. Can't say what would be the outcome if Gasoil was needed but Trucks use this fuel garage a lot and were being talked to by the protesters.

At the other end of the estate back towards Calais there is another fuel garage.

HTH

. B-)

This regularly-updated French website shows the present situation in France regarding vehicle fuel shortages

http://penurie.mon-essence.fr/w/

and it’s evident that things have worsened since 30 November when the website reported that just 16 service-stations had no fuel and 96 service-stations were short of fuel. Today it’s said that 303 service-stations have no fuel and 489 service-stations are short of fuel.

In 2017 there were 11147 service stations in France with 430 on autoroutes, so anyone driving there at the moment should still be able to refuel without too much difficulty provided that they avoid the areas shown on the website’s map where shortages are most severe and use their initiative (eg. refuel when they have the opportunity rather than when they actually need to, and ignore the higher asking-price that small privately-owned service-stations usually charge.)

This other French website gives details of ‘Gilets Jaunes’ planned demonstrations throughout France TODAY.

https://www.linternaute.com/auto/magazine/1750751-gilets-jaunes-les-blocages-sur-les-routes-ce-samedi-8decembre-direct/

It’s likely that this information will not be comprehensive, but it should give a clue to places that it would be wise to navigate around. I don’t know if the website is updated daily, but sreve will be travelling to France tomorrow (Monday 10 December) when it should be expected that things will be quieter demonstration-wise.

Just arrived down in Murcia region, having traveled Calais down through France into Spain, then via Burgos/\Madrid.

All the way no real problems except 5 minute delay around Vendome wth protesters,plenty of fuel if needed around Euro1.38 per ltr in France then into Spain at Irun fuel Euro 1.09 per ltr then after up to 1.14 per ltr.

So no panic.

Just head south and forget all about probs

I came down through France last week via Rouen, Le Mans Tours, Clermont Fernand and Perpignan. While fuel was freely available on that route the price did vary somewhat hitting over 1.60€ a litre. So a little more than the UK prices when I left. I’m presently in the Costa Brava region Where diesel is around 1.2€ on average. I did notice that all the new speed camera’s I saw had fire damage. Method seems to be throwing a couple of tyres ove the top of them and setting them on fire.

Juat to add to my previous post, most to all speed cameras that were on our route are either taped up, bin bagged up or foamed and even burnt, no sign of anybody repairing them either, and filled up first chance in Spain 1.14 Euro and have seen stations at 1.04 Euro, no wonder the French are revolting!! maybe the UK should be next.

Jonathan

Archived