Fresh water drain pipe

burtonwisher

The fresh water drain pipe on my 2010 Autotrail has perished and split. I've patched the hole with tape but want to replace it.

It passes through a hole in a plastic cover, through which I can see it attached to the bottom of the tank with a jubilee clip at the far end, so in principle it looks simple to change if I can access the joint. To do this I'd have to remove the plastic cover, which seems to be attached with 4 rusty nuts on the underside.

Before I start playing with it, does anybody know if it's as simple as removing these 4 nuts or do they also hold the water tank itself in place? Or are there any other things to watch out for?

Attached are photos of the pipe and the tank / cover.

Thanks

Kevin

1869330103_Freshwaterdrainpipe.jpg.6d1616c1394897cd58fc3e5a445f67ad.jpg

525600882_Freshwatertank.jpg.0638f7d7419eee27c11d35287d219ade.jpg

Kevin,

The tap on the end looks very similar to the tap on our 2004 AT Fresh water tank drain and we too suffered a failure of the convoluted hose!

Fortunately the clip on the inner end of ours was not covered so replacement was a simple job. I purchased a length of heavy drinking water spec hose from CAK in Kenilworth and swapped it out in a few minutes.

Sorry but I can't help with your four nuts as our tank doesn't have a cover like that!

Keith.

Keithl - 2020-07-06 7:23 PM

Kevin,

The tap on the end looks very similar to the tap on our 2004 AT Fresh water tank drain and we too suffered a failure of the convoluted hose!

Fortunately the clip on the inner end of ours was not covered so replacement was a simple job. I purchased a length of heavy drinking water spec hose from CAK in Kenilworth and swapped it out in a few minutes.

Sorry but I can't help with your four nuts as our tank doesn't have a cover like that!

Keith.

I had to do that on my Chausson, GREY WATER the cover went right round my tank to insulate it for colder climes,and was about an inch thick I just ran the van up on a pair of ramps and got under the van , easy job realy but of course rusted bolts and screws to replace. You could cut the pipe and use an insert and a couple of Jubilee clips, your tank looks low to the ground as mine is , I also have two battery insulated boxes under the van with access to the batteries from in the storage area and have to be aware when reversing over a kerb to park on some parking places , I also have the spare wheel in a cage under there and that touches the kerb if it is very high . Your hose appears to run uphill not good or is that just the way the picture shows ? Oh I have just noticed the clip that holds the tap up so you can drop it out and lay it on the ground to empty so I guess yours is grey water too ?

Just for the record, Kevin is indeed referring to the FRESH-water tank...

This 2014 MHFacts forum thread relates to a 2010 Auto-Trail Apache 700

https://www.motorhomefacts.com/forum-printtopic-1-207809-0-0-asc-viewresult-1.html

and it’s evident that this model has both its fresh-water and waste-water tanks mounted externally.

As Stuart has just advised, the MHFacts thread says

For the fresh water tank, it was a case of unbolting the cover (4 bolts) at the bottom of the water tank...

Archived