Fridge Fans ??

suethedriver

I am thinking of fitting some fridge fans before my next motorhome 3 week trip .

I have watched some youtube videos etc so sort of understand how it would help . Last year the freezer struggled to keep frozen in the hot weather we had .

I may just do a temporary cheap fix and fit a couple inside the vent and wire into my cigarette 12v socket which is very near the fridge in the cabinet above then i can plug in when needed in the daytime when my solar will easily power them. Is it easy to work out which way round the fans need to face ? to draw the hot air out ?? ( not good at physics !)

I was also wondering what would happen if i just removed to top exterior vent altogether and replace it with some mesh whilst parked up ?? to not block any hot ait coming out .

Any advice appreciated please

If you decide to go upmarket as it were, the fitting of a thermostat to automatically switch the fans on/off as required is worth considering. Controlled with 3 way switch ie manual on, auto, and off. The likes Of CAK Tanks Accessories sell easily fitted twin or single fan set up IIRC.

Archived