Fridge freezer fuse on Bürstner 747 Argos 2007

Michelinman

Hello all good folks I’m new on here and looking help on where to locate the fuse that carries the power to the fridge freezer from the Alternator when travelling The electronic side of the fridge freezer is working fine but not keeping it cold whilst travelling I have changed the 12volt heating element in the unit but still no joy .ihave checked 12v supply at element but no life there so fuse must be blown Any help on the fuse whereabouts will be greatly appreciated thanks Willie

Have you checked the fuses in the Electroblok? It is probably an EBL99.

I used to have a Burstner 747 Active (different layout) and may have a wiring diagram somewhere. I will have a look.

EDIT: I had a quick look online and came up with something that should help. It may not be the exact EBL99 you have but in most respects it will do. There is an explanation of the fridge/freezer operation and a schematic diagram for the wiring (showing the fuses).

http://ourbumble.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Electrobloc-EBL99K.pdf

Hello, the location for the 20a yellow fuse for the Alternator to 12v Fridge element depends on the vehicle, it is usually located next to the Starter battery in a 'pack of 3', a 2a, 20a and 50amp.

The 20amp is not usually rated high enough for later big Fridge freezer combinations, we have seen 19a being drawn, and we think they should be increased to 25a.

It is not part of the fuse bank in the front of the Elektroblock.

However there is capability within the EBL to power the Fridge from the habitation battery in an emergency, but this isn't always wired up by all motorhome builders, see second 20a fuse from left on the EBL front. We usually advise that if there is a wire out of Pin 4 of block 1 and a AES/Compressor fridge is installed then the 20a fuse should not be in place, or the Fridge may flatten the habitation battery in hours if the engine is off.

One other point to check on the EBL 99 is that the second connector from left is not burned, remove it carefully and examine the pins.

See pin 1 in Block 2 in the photo below for a issue which isn't common, but not unknown.

If Pin 4 is burnt you might have a engine Earth issue?.

1435273615_EBL99Burntwires2small.JPG.f489a50157bdf8211dc6695d9ffd129b.JPG

• 2 years later...
aandncaravan - 2018-10-10 11:33 PM

Hello, the location for the 20a yellow fuse for the Alternator to 12v Fridge element depends on the vehicle, it is usually located next to the Starter battery in a 'pack of 3', a 2a, 20a and 50amp.

The 20amp is not usually rated high enough for later big Fridge freezer combinations, we have seen 19a being drawn, and we think they should be increased to 25a.

It is not part of the fuse bank in the front of the Elektroblock.

However there is capability within the EBL to power the Fridge from the habitation battery in an emergency, but this isn't always wired up by all motorhome builders, see second 20a fuse from left on the EBL front. We usually advise that if there is a wire out of Pin 4 of block 1 and a AES/Compressor fridge is installed then the 20a fuse should not be in place, or the Fridge may flatten the habitation battery in hours if the engine is off.

One other point to check on the EBL 99 is that the second connector from left is not burned, remove it carefully and examine the pins.

See pin 1 in Block 2 in the photo below for a issue which isn't common, but not unknown.

If Pin 4 is burnt you might have a engine Earth issue?.

I know this is old but... what a brilliant thread, incredibly useful. Big thanks to aandncaravan. I was having all sorts of problems with the fridge in my Burstner Argos - wouldn't work properly on gas or 12V, the leisure batteries weren't charging whilst driving etc. I spoke to a couple of 'experts' in the trade who didn't know what was wrong, none would come out and have a look.

Anyway, it turned out to be this cheeky little yellow 20A fuse!! A 50p fix..... I actually uprated it to 25A, as suggested and it now works perfectly, as it did before. I had 2 months of confusion, carrying a generator and more importantly, warm beer! All ice cold now.

Thanks again aandncaravan

aandncaravan - 2018-10-10 11:33 PM

===================================================================================

We usually advise that if there is a wire out of Pin 4 of block 1 and a AES/Compressor fridge is installed then the 20a fuse should not be in place, or the Fridge may flatten the habitation battery in hours if the engine is off.

===================================================================================

I consider that the above advice is misleading. It is fine for an AES (absorber type) fridge, but completely wrong for a compressor fridge. If the relevant 20A fuse is removed, the fridge will only receive a supply when the engine is running. The reference to a compressor fridge should have been omitted from the original post.

Alan

I believe that extending this forum thread further will not be beneficial, so I’ve frozen it.

Allan Evans (user-name aandncaravan) was a regular, very knowledgeable and well-respected participant on this forum and ran “A and N Caravan Services”. Sadly Allan passed away in August 2019.

Archived