Fridge freezer stopping working

Deffheads

Hi, We have encountered a new problem with our Dometic fridge/freezer, which has been good ever since we bought the motorhome, but the last couple of days whilst running on gas, it has stopped working. It relights when turned off and then on easily. Does anyone know what could be the problem ?

You could have a failing regulator and lighting all the burners is a quick test for this. If the burners will not all light or the flame size reduces as you light more then I would put my money on an oiled up regulator. This was a major problem a few years ago but incidents seem to have fallen off lately.

The first time ours stopped working because of a gusty side wind I just moved to a more sheltered spot and the fridge was fine. When we had it happen for a second time I found that heat was still coming out of the flue outlet. so I removed the bottom vent to see what was going on. The wind had caused a blowback from the burner, and the flame was now coming out of the gas/air mixing hole before the burner.!!

Brian B.

Archived