Fridge

tom1946

Hi all,

My motorhome fridge works very well in all modes but when you open the door the plastic walls and bottom look terrible with a lot of light staining and brown marks.

The alternatives seem to be spending about £500 on a new one which is silly when it works. So can I paint the interior white again? If so what paint would you use?

Any help much appreciated.

Tom.

I would try the likes of T-Cut, Scratch remover or burnishing cream to polish the marks out. I have successfully removed marks in our fridge and sink with Rustin's burnishing cream.

I would not entertain painting the inside of the fridge as it would almost certainly taint any food put in later.

Keith.

I’ve successfully used “PEEK Polish”

https://www.tripeek.com/

to clean quite heavy rust deposits/staining off a plastic cutlery-drawer insert and this didn't harm the insert’s shiny surface.

(Meghan Markle told me that, now that he’s stopped driving, the Duke of Edinburgh spends his time polishing the crown jewels using “Peek” polish.)

Derek Uzzell - 2019-04-24 5:46 PM   (Meghan Markle told me that, now that he’s stopped driving, the Duke of Edinburgh spends his time polishing the crown jewels using “Peek” polish.)

Lovely comment Derek English humour at it's best! cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE. Tried Peek and it wouldn't shift the brown stains but I'm glad I have it as it's useful for other things.

I have completely solved the problem at no cost. I was painting my doors with Dulux Professional white gloss so I thought 'sod it' it's cheaper than 500 quid for a new one.

Well what a surprise! The paint doesn't smell very much anyway so I gave it a coat, covered it completely with one coat. Left the door open for about 10 days and it's smell free and looks great!

Pic's:

1158481038_IMG_47521.JPG.caabee7bb34ac842ad8067213a84072f.JPG

299625414_IMG_65361.JPG.705f2ccbf047be38921d3a4b46887680.JPG

Archived