Fridge

Pete-B

Hi, Would really appreciate some help, we're due to go away on Tuesday and I can't seem to get the Thetford fridge on our 2020 Autosleeper Warwick XL to work.

For a start it will only work on gas or battery but the fridge doesn't seem to be cooling.. The van is spot on level and I've got it on mains power I've also checked the fridges 20amp fuse behind the drivers seat and that seems OK. The book suggests switching the fridge on and off I've tried that but makes no difference.

Really would appreciate any help, thanks.

I notice that you reported a similar cooling issue in July 2021

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Auto-Sleeper-Fridge/58536/

My reading of that thread is that your Thetford fridge was not cooling adequately when the motorhome was on 230V hook-up, but now it seems that the fridge will operate only on gas or 12V (ie. when the motorhome's engine is running) and won't function at all on 230V. Are there any error messages on the fridge's display panel?

I think your Thetford fridge may be the SES (Smart Energy Selection) type, but I believe you've never provided the fridge's model number that would confirm this.

(Presumably the problem was resolved (or disappeared) last July.)

Thanks for that Derek, I did indeed have a problem back then but took it back to the dealer who sorted it under warranty they never did say what the problem was though.

As far as todays problem Derek, just how stupid must you become before they call the men in white coats? I brought the van home from storage, plugged in the EHU cable and switched on the fridge (I'm getting a bit manic over it now). Checked a couple of hours later, not working, this is really winding me up hence my post. Then the boss in the kitchen said, should you not switch it on in the garage (she'll never let me forget that).

Prior to that I did notice it was eventually cooling on gas.

The older I get the more stupid I become

:

Pete,

If you don't have one already may I suggest getting a simple 13 A plug in mains tester like this... https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-ms6860d-16a-socket-tester-230v-ac/91596 and then whenever you get mains issues you can start by actually testing for power.

Along with a 16 A blue plug to 13 A socket converter lead they are also very useful for testing EHU bollards on camp sites before connecting your MH.

Keith.

Keithl - 2022-05-01 7:13 PM

Pete,

If you don't have one already may I suggest getting a simple 13 A plug in mains tester like this... https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-ms6860d-16a-socket-tester-230v-ac/91596 and then whenever you get mains issues you can start by actually testing for power.

Along with a 16 A blue plug to 13 A socket converter lead they are also very useful for testing EHU bollards on camp sites before connecting your MH.

Keith.

Good idea Keith, I'll get myself one, be useful around the house as well, thanks.

Archived