Front cab carpet

Guest john

Guest Will Redfearn, Wirral Motorhome Club
Usually a carpet is available from the motorhome dealers on order and will cost about £150-200. If you have the old carpet use that as a pattern. Any carpet fitter/dealer will have roll ends or offcuts which may appeal to you. Binding the edges will cost about £1 per foot or you could do it yourself with either Copydex or a colour matched binding tape. You could also have it Scotch guarded to reduce dirt build up and staining.

Hi John We did out the cab and living quaters with off cuts from some fitted carpets we had fitted in the house The hardest one to fit was the one in the cab that went the full width of the van with bits cut out round gear levers and Handbrake mounting I used a Stanley Knife with a new blade and fastened the pieces down in vulnerable place with double sided carpet tape Even buying new carpet off the roll would come to less than a dealer or carpet fitter would charge

I bought my cab mat at Peterborough show £25. It has two "cute" 'vans in the corner. If cut your own to size make sure that that you don't obstruct the pedals!

Archived