Fuel strike !

Barcobird

Thank you for the warning. We are going to Portugal but should not actually arrive there for about 3 weeks. Hopefully the strike will be over by then. But I’ll make sure my tank is full before crossing the border.

Cattwg :-D

StuartO - 2019-04-16 4:01 PM

I’ve been touring in Portugal refuelling frequently and seen no sign at all of queues at petrol stations. Nor have I heard any news of a strike.

My daughter said the petrol station in Loule has already run out and I queued for nearly half an hour today between Santarém and Tomar. Ignore at your peril, l know how this place works. It’s coming up to Easter and is therefore a good excuse/time to have it, gives them a long weekend.

Just been for fuel just in case and there was a queue so the message has got around. I checked on line news and Reuters has reported that the Portuguese Goverment have “ordered” the drivers back to work for breaking their agreement to maintain supplies - but both Lisbon and Faro airports are said to be about to run out. Prio, one of the petrol station chains, says it will run out everywhere by tonight.

Thanks for the warning! I must have driven past a dozen petrol stations today with no sign of any queueing or shortage.

Portuguese Televion is reporting that the Strike is over, following talks which took place on its fourth day. Oh that all strikes could be resolved as quickly!

Presumably it will take a few day to resupply all petrol stations which ran out but not too long.

Barcobird - 2019-04-19 9:23 AM

The protesters had run out of chicken on the barbi so had no choice but to return to work. (lol)

Not sure the strikers were as self- indulgent as that; they seem to me to have made their point quickly and effectively. Maybe they don’t need to continue striking now that they have got the talks they wanted.

StuartO - 2019-04-19 11:24 AM

Barcobird - 2019-04-19 9:23 AM

The protesters had run out of chicken on the barbi so had no choice but to return to work. (lol)

Not sure the strikers were as self- indulgent as that; they seem to me to have made their point quickly and effectively. Maybe they don’t need to continue striking now that they have got the talks they wanted.

Maybe you don’t follow Portuguese news (not Reuter’s)Stuart but the guys on the picket line were barbecuing chicken. As we understand they have not gained anything yet other than talks are promised until the end of the year. However as you say short and to the point.

The lot in London really rack me off, I agree there is a problem on climate change and have nothing against protesting but this lot now are just going to p.. s everybody off.

Not embarrassed at all thank you. I do know what Boris paid and what they were sold for as scrap, which is why I made the tongue in cheek comment. Not that I was really wanting to soak the demonstrators, although I do think they should face justice for committing illegal obstruction affecting lots of other people just because they have a bee in their bonnet - and our police certainly shouldn’t be obliged to make friends with them before feeling their collars or wear kid gloves while doing so just because they don’t see themselves as “proper criminals”. And by the way do you know what the word “stupid” means? You might want to look it up before using it in the context you did. If you are trying to be a smart arse it’s as we’ll to use the right words.

StuartO - 2019-04-19 4:44 PM

I agree - pity they didn’t keep those two water cannon that Boris bought when he was Mayor!

Seems they are finally packing up today Stuart, might be something to do with a change in the weather, probably time to sign on again as well (lol)

Archived