Full marks to french insurers...

Guest Tony S

Guest Tony S
I pay £230 yearly for fully comprehensive insurance (on a van worth £20,000)I have an average no claims bonus. A 10cm and spreading crack in my windscreen (an 'A' class FFB Classic) was supposed to have been stopped by a technique that was used that involves drilling a hole at the extremity (to stop it progressing). This worked for a couple of months, but the crack jumped the hole and continued its path. So now the windscreen is to be replaced (full cost met by the insurance company). As it is probably the most expensive european screen (around £1500) to replace, being strongly rounded at the edges, I just wondered if I'd have been covered in the UK?Do British companies automatically cover w/screen replacement? How much would this vehicle have cost me to insure fully com in the U.K. with windscreen cover?

Bonjour Tony! All motorhome cover that I have had in the UK in the last 18 years has included windscreen cover. For the last 12 years or so it has been described as "body glass" cover, meaning all glass on the vehicle is covered. Five years ago I had both front screens replaced on my US RV. The cost was about £1200 a side which the insurance company paid direct less my glass excess. They didn't bat an eyelid and my next premium didn't increase. So I have no complaints on that score. Au revoir Neal

Archived