G Tech multi vacum cleaner

bikey

I have both the upright and the hand held vacs. I find the hand held is adequate for the motorhome but it is a bit lacking in the suction department for serious vacuuming. However, there is a newer model now and my friends who own one tell me my hand held vac is a lot more powerful than the new one!

The Dyson looks like a good alternative.

H

I'm in touch with G Tech and awaiting their call next week.

It does have 1 problem and motor home owners need to be aware.

When you vacuum a bound edge carpet it catches and snags the binding.

I've pointed this out to G Tech. They are local to me. There technical dept are looking into it I'm told!

The suction is not good. I purchased it with intent on using it my airport transfer vehicle and MH when we

Go away.

It now sits in the garage.

Bought a cordless hand held Dyson new on eBay from Currys on line store for around £115 and £10 for the wall mounting ( used). It takes about 2 1/2 hours to charge and gives about 15-20 minuets use. The wall unit is mounted in the Motorhome garage and is charged via a pure sine wave inverter which in turn is supplied with power via solar power and a Battery to Battery charger. Had it set up for 6 months now. No problems and I'm away from home all the time. Best vacuum cleaner I've had for the van and car. All these other hand held units have no power and are a waste of space. IMO. No experience of the G Tec mentioned.

Thanks for all your comments and especially thanks to those who have answered my original post,

My question was to any of you do you have any first hand knowledge of the Gtech handheld vac,

I wish to use in the van and at home,

I'm not interested in what you do or flippant remarks to the post regarding costs etc.

Just want honest opinions regarding the Gtech handheld,

Thanks Brian.

Will

I apologise if I caused any offence to yourself or others but my post was for information on the Gtech specifically,

I used aDyson hand held but this has now died after many years use and require a replacement for the Motorhome and in the house hence the request for info on the Gtech specifically as a alternative to the Dyson which are know very expensive,

Once again apologies if any offence was taken.

Regards Brian

Brian,

I never get offended there's far more to life than that but it was a rather open question by inviting comments (as I saw it). No more to be said and good to hear from you.

One of my lives was being involved in plastic shapes, including suction cleaners, you may be surprised that some designs actually restrict the passage of air but have a decorative sales appearance.

This particular forum has a great deal of knowledge and always aims to be truthful which sometimes comes across as harsh but always with good intentions.

Will

Will86 - 2017-03-06 10:20 AM

As Charles says a basic B&D is as good as any. Having a fancy name doesn't make it any better. All it needs to do is collect the loose grit and fluff.

come come 'ol chap I don't think B&D is a fancy name (lol) I have tried B&D, Bosch etc and genuinely think that the Dyson I have does what it is suppose to do and very well, fancy name or not.

My sister-law ranted on about hers so much my other half wanted them.Yes they are light to use but the hand one is useless for the car.The sweeper one if you go slow enough it sometimes picks up very small things. Do not drop a peanut! Another thing when cleaning them out, one has to touch the filled compartments to remove debri etc then bang out the filters, make sure which way the wind is blowing.Back to the hand one , again messy method of removind debri.We have had them since last August and they are the worst cleaners we have ever had and at £300 for the pair a right rip off.

Archived