Garmin Camper 780

stevec176

I have had the Garmin Camper 780 since Xmas and it's taking some getting used to but I have a particular query I can't find an answer to in the manual or on line so would be grateful for assistance please. After putting in a location I then look at the route map and there are lots of white discs bordered in red, my question is what do they mean?

I have recently purchased a Garmin Camper 780.

After entering a destination I have been unable to reproduce "lots of white discs bordered in red".that you have described.

If you let me have your start and end point and I will try to replicate your route.

Onecal, unfortunately that's the problem, I have no idea what they mean. I've gone through the on line manual and although it lists and displays various icons it doesn't show the white discs.

Keith, I'll work through your links later, thanks.

stevec176 - 2022-06-22 10:34 AM

Tried the links Keith but there's nothing that would display the discs. I've tried contacting Garmin but no reply yet.

When you say you've tried contacting Garmin but had no reply I assume you've emailed them?

Phone them direct on; Gen enquiries 0123 8052 4000 or Tech Help Freephone 0808 238 0000

Thats what I did when I had a problem with a 760 model and had the problem solved in a couple of minutes. Have the model and serial number ready before you phone them.

stevec176 - 2022-06-22 7:40 PM

The Garmin is connected through my phone to get traffic updates but if I do the same route on my phone there are no white discs displayed. I think it probably is indicating road problems but would be helpful to know what problem.

1. Have you tried to use the navigator without connecting it to the phone ?

2. Have you tried to create the same path on the navigator alone ?

If so, do you always have red and white stickers on the route ?

Max

Hi Max,

Thanks, should have tried that before. If not connected to phone then no discs and when connected discs, but more than shown on phone. At least now I can assume they are indications of road problems just not sure what type. As I prefer traffic updates while driving I'm just going to have live with them or start using my phone too.

Thanks.

stevec176 - 2022-06-23 11:18 PM

Hi Max,

Thanks, should have tried that before. If not connected to phone then no discs and when connected discs, but more than shown on phone. At least now I can assume they are indications of road problems just not sure what type. As I prefer traffic updates while driving I'm just going to have live with them or start using my phone too.

Thanks.

I remembered when I was a computer technician: first rule try to isolate the problem.

I don't know your satnav, I have a simple Nuvi 2545LMT but it included the traffic antenna.

Abandoned by my died TomTom, when I bought it I was in England (Warwick area).

So I believe it is an option available in the UK.

In any case available as a Garmin accessory.

It is a kit consisting of antenna with jack plug and power cable with socket for the same (a few pounds).

It receives the coded traffic information that some local FM radios broadcast.

Problems and warnings appear on the display as you approach the impacted area.

For example in Germany and France they are quite common, less in Italy and Spain but there are some.

Alternatively, it is possible to make a paid subscription.

It works quite well.

Max

stevec176 - 2022-06-24 6:21 PM

My previous Garmin had an external aerial with a built in receiver in the power cable but unfortunately this model doesn't so looks like I'm stuck with Google.

It should be compatible with you satnav.

Android and IOS, did you try the "Garmin Drive" App ?

Max

Archived