Gas alarms Lidl

David

Any further thought on Lidl gas alarm. it appers to be either 12v dc mains connection or take off the mains and replace with 12v dc to cigar lighter. David

David We bought one yesterday. They can be wired direct to your 12v supply via a switch and fuse. Or 240v mains connection. Good value at £12.99! Pat

Guest neil whiting
hi, I bought one today and after reading the instructions i will be cutting the cable halfway and replacing with a plug type adaptor so i can interchange from 12v to mains ,so i can use it on what ever power i am running on.excellent value as the ones at the shows are much more expensive

Following my earlier posting on the topic, I too have purchased one. It is recommended that to detect propane or butane gas the unit should be located between 15 and 30 cm from the floor whereas for methane (town/natural gas)- being lighter than air- it should be positioned between 15 and 30 cm from the ceiling. The unit is also claimed to respond to fumes from cleaning agents, paint lacquers, sprays, water vapour, steam from cooking, tobacco smoke and smoke from candles. Could possibly be some undesired operation - remedy, don't smoke in bed and snuff your candles before retiring! Could be the answer to the apocryphal stories about knock-out sprays being used . Seems a bargain anyway. John S

I know the thoughts on free gas rolling about the floor is important but I would assume that it would creep or drop out of any of the slightest bodywork gaps. Or are you thinking of potential robbers filtering gas through the keyhole. And does it really happen I wonder ?? bill h

Bill H Don't assume that gas will go out through the floor of it's own accord except VERY slowly, we found out the hard way, especially if it's coming out of a gas pipe at pressure! Do a search for our posting called FIRE RISK WARNING and you’ll see what I mean. Does anyone know if Lidl is open on a Sunday? I didn't manage to get there today to get one.

On a lighter note .. would certain emissions from husbands or dogs set them off? I have both and they can be rather prolific in the pongo department at times!

Archived