Gas bottle weight

Mel B

I know I've read somewhere how to work out the amount of gas left in a bottle but I can't for the life of me remember where. I want to work out how much gas is left in our large propane bottle to see if we've got enough for our next foreign trip and in order to do that I want to see how much we used on our last trip ... but I can't remember how to interpret the figures given on the silver disc on the bottle and how this relates to the actual weight of gas. Can someone out there with a better memory than me help out please?

On the aluminium shroud of the calor gas bottle is marked the weight of the empty cylinder, weigh the cylinder on some bathroom scales and the difference is the amount of gas in there, easy really when you know. chas

Hi Mel B The figures on the silver coloured collar is the weight of the empty cylinder in Lbs and Ounces, if you prefer to work in Kg divide by 2.2046. If you then weigh your cylinder with gas in it and take one reading from the other you will have weight of gas left. Doug

Archived