Gas shut down valve

ham

I have a new Vline670. With underslung gas tank,I cannot find any info in manual to isolate or shut down gas.

Tried dealer they think its a yellow knob on floor under cooker.

Anyone know if this is correct?. As i was told also this shuts down the water heater

To comply with regulations there must be an isolation valve for each appliance and a 'master' isolation valve on the underslung tank. There may be other valves fitted such as crash protection or excess flow valves.

By law the installer of the gas system must provide documention and instruction labels identifying the isolation valves.

You supplying dealer should know and the information should be in the van.

Mike

The overall isolation for gas is likely to be via a turnwheel or similar on the underslung gas tank itself (quite often behind a flap).

Individual device shut-off taps should be inside the vehicle. This video here

...at around 11:38 shows them on the right hand wall of the under-cooker cupboard (in the same area as the yellow knob you reference), so I'd look there first.

Not knowing your van, there is likely a manifold of 3 or 4 red taps, one each for cooker, fridge, water/space heater etc plus a turnscrew knob on the underslung tank. If your asking because you're concerned about eurotunnel regulations then turning the taps off at the manifold is sufficient unless you get an over-zealous official. Auto-sleeper actually state this in their handbooks but can't comment or your Vline.

Archived