German address for Globecar/Possl

korky24

Hi there,

does anyone have a German postal address for the MD at Globecar? I'm not interested in the customer services address , I want to go to the top.

I want to notify them of ongoing warranty problems and what I think of the sloppy build quality of my new Globescout. According to the UK dealer , Globecar Germany are very slow answering warranty queries and can only be contacted by email. This may or may not be true. All I know is I'm getting very fed up with the lot of them.

Many thanks, John.

Guest JudgeMental

Had a quick look on internet without luck but I think it would be probably easier to phone in the first instance and get a name that way or even ask to talk to them...that way as it has worked for me in the past..they always have someone who speaks english

But its Dethleff thats are the parent company? In fact here it is and contact details on "contact" page with photos so you can recognise them at shows and throttle em...

http://www.dethleffs.ee/eng/motorcaravans/possl_motorcaravans

but MD probably insulated from us plebs by a group of underlinings....

can you explain the issues please, as a Possl van is on my shopping list. *-)

JudgeMental - 2013-11-08 3:41 PM

...but MD probably insulated from us plebs by a group of underlinings.....

Love it ;-) They probably use the pieces of insulation left over from their PVC production.

The MD of Possl/Globecar is Markus Wahl - on left in this photo

http://www.bs-bgl.de/index.php?newsfile=aktuell/news190.html&ItemLink=news&MenuID=main

Business tel.no. +49-8654485163

The company's postal address is

Pössl Freizeit und Sport GmbH

Dorfstraße 7,

83404 Ainring

Germany

Thanks for a great response everyone, will get writing my letter.

For your interest anyone and particularly Eddie, here's the list of problems.

Within a few days of getting van home( Jan 2013) I realised the floor was bouncing and squeaking in front of the hob and fridge. This should have been picked up on PDI and I'm annoyed I didn't notice it on handover as I would have rejected vehicle but I was unwell at the time and in the middle of a health scare and frankly was wondering if I'd get to use van at all. That's all in the past and I'm fine now.

The UK dealer had the van in and fixed it to the spec sent through from Globecar.

But they missed the bit in front of the fridge so back it had to go again. I had to insist on a courtesy car this time(which they don't usually provide) as this is my sole vehicle.

The floor started squeaking and moving again when I was in France in September.

12v system kept blowing fuses everytime I plugged into auxilliary sockets fitted by dealer. So back van went again. Dealer fixed it while I went shopping, blamed it on Globecar wiring-who knows.

The van is equipped with Remis concertina blinds on all hab windows. they are the type with a three sided frame with no frame at the bottom. Before I ordered my van in 2012 I noticed that when the flyscreens were pulled down there was a gap between the bottom of the screen and the van wall that any good sized insect would get round. The dealership agreed to fix this with a rubber strip across the bottom of the blind. This was duly done to my satisfaction.

On my first big trip out in the van in Germany, in July, in 36 degrees of heat I had mosquitoes pouring into the van, once it got dark and got quite badly bitten. I discovered that in places not one of the Remis blind frames was flush to the van wall, due to curvature of said wall and the mozzies were merely nipping between the frame and wall and straight in.

Likewise the large flyscreen over the aperture for the sliding door. There is a large chenille type brush on the closing edge of this screen but again, when closed this is only flush with the door pillar over about 2ft of its height. the rest of it you can fit your hand through. Possl have an advert based solely on this new innovation. Well mine doesn't work.

About ten days ago when UK temperatures suddenly dropped a bit I noticed a damp patch on the headlining above the front door pillar adjacent the windscreen on the drivers side. On inspection I found an area of uninsulated roof in the extreme rear of the overcab area and the metal there was wet through with condensation. I have not lived in the van since September, so imagine how bad it would be with cooking, breathing etc. if I had.

I detoured to the dealers on my way back from Calais on 31/9/13 and they sent a report to Globecar re the floor and blinds, but said it often takes weeks for a reply.So far I have heard nothing. Contacted dealership last week to be told "Didn't think you were in a hurry."This is not good enough. I am willing to take the van to Globecar next summer if I must,for the floor repair, as I shall visit Germany then.But shall expect an extended warranty on the repair as it has failed twice so far.

I will be writing to Globecar Germany and the Dealership this weekend and also be putting Trading Standards or rather Citizens Advice who you contact now, back in the picture as I contacted them for advice back in Feb.

Despite all this I really like my van and the layout is superb for my kind of use. But poor aftersales and lack of attention to detail on the build are really spoiling for me what is the most expensive purchase I've ever made bar housing. Where have we all heard this before.

Thanks again for the prompt and helpful replies. John.

Guest JudgeMental
korky24 - 2013-11-08 5:59 PM

Isolated or insulated may both be correct.

John.

Thanks John! but D is so stuck up his own harris, simply loves criticising spelling and grammar in us mere mortals..the air up there must be pretty thin ..just an old prim grammar school boy.. pathetic in his disdain to be honest...think he has a bit of french in him!lol

funny thing is he would be banned for half of this stuff, as on any forum i visit, to bring attention to lack of grammar or spelling is an instant ban!

dealer where I bought my adria in germany, sells 40 vans a week in season and most are possl/globecar..speaks very highly of them and I believe him..I also believe you! but this list of problems has put me right off the 2 possl vans I have been considering as we visit hot countries frequently. May have to dig deeper for the La Strada! The adria has more or less been fault free except for dometic hob, and trauma secure motion valve..2 have gone!...hope van works out for you and you get all issues sorted to your satisfaction! :-D

JudgeMental - 2013-11-08 6:24 PM

korky24 - 2013-11-08 5:59 PM

Isolated or insulated may both be correct.

John.

Thanks John! but D is so stuck up his own harris, simply loves criticising spelling and grammar in us mere mortals..the air up there must be pretty thin ..just an old prim grammar school boy.. pathetic in his disdain to be honest...think he has a bit of french in him!lol

funny thing is he would be banned for half of this stuff, as on any forum i visit, to bring attention to lack of grammar or spelling is an instant ban!

No, it had nothing to do with "insulation" or "isolation", but to "underlinings" rather than "underlings". I had this vision of Markus Wahl with foam insulation in his pants that somehow protected him from irate buyers of Globecar/Possl motorhomes.

I don't care about peculiar spelling, punctuation or grammer in forum members' postings, and I genuinely admire peoples' ability to use the internet via a mobile phone or a tablet with no proper keyboard because I couldn't do it. In this case I was sure you meant to write "underlings" but whatever device you are using produced "underlinings".

Now, if it were anyone else, I would probably have grinned to myself and kept quiet. However, as any criticism (be it ever so mild) usually produces a delightful over-the-top response from you, the temptation to joke about "underlinings" knowing it would probably result in an even more comical reaction, was just irresistable.

(Dunno where you've got the idea from that I'm a "prim grammar school boy" (though I'll answer to "old"). I never went to grammar school and my first job was as a builder's labourer.)

• 1 year later...

Just an update on this saga.

I visited the Dethleffs factory in Isny in June 2014 where all the problems were sorted satisfactorily.

The only niggle was the small uninsulated area of roof right at the front of the overcab, they basically said that is how they're made and wouldn't touch it.. (The damp I found in the headlining was due to the windscreen seal leaking and a new screen and headlining was fitted by Fiat under warranty. I've also had water leaks from the cab roof aerial,now fixed, and endless problems with the scuttle leaking all over the engine that the Fiat agents seem unable to sort, even after fitting a new scuttle . Also had a new turbo fitted.)

Globecar gave me 150 euros towards my expenses, when I asked.

They wouldn't give me an extended warranty on the floor repair as they said they had no record of it having been repaired twice before. This is strange as my UK dealer sent video of the floor movement to Globecar and photos of the repair in stages, which they also copied to me. They also got paid twice by Globecar to do the work.

I'm satisfied overall with the conversion side now, but the Fiat side? Well I just hope that's it as the warranty expires next week.

Thanks for your contributions, John.

korky24 - 2015-01-22 8:50 PM

I'm satisfied overall with the conversion side now, but the Fiat side? Well I just hope that's it as the warranty expires next week.

Thanks for your contributions, John.

It is always interesting to read an update. So may people do not bother. Thanks.

Don't think because the Fiat warranty has expired that is it. Goods still need to be of a servicable quality. You may want to read the outcome of Fiat problems on this old post:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Engine-Immobiliser-Locked-Out/34382/31/

Archived