German emissions sticker

weldted

It's well over 10 years since I last bought one "locally"; since then it has been by post.

Any location carrying out the German equivalent of the MOT test should be able to issue you one.

Look for TÜV (or Dekra), there will be at least one or two locations in towns of any size.

You'll need your V5C (which you should have, of course). There may be some initial confusion, as UK registration documents don't include the emissions information used to issue the "Umweltplakette", but they should be able to ascertain the correct (Green) class (especially if you have the Fiat CoC or a copy with you.). (In reality, it's been so long since the last change in colour that the registration date is probably enough).

I was led to understand that most major car dealerships could also issue one, though I must admit that, if I were to go that route, it would probably be via a Fiat Professional dealer.

Got ours from the local 'council' office where they were only interested in the V5 date of first registration. By the way cost was 4Euro and in our case was at Freiburg where we had already entered the 'Zone' and pitched at the in town campsite

The site managers were very helpful and directed us to the Town Hall that was in walking distance.

Bas

Got One,

Stayed at the Stellplatz at Freiburg GPS 48.58088, 8.04556. 20 min walk to town hall, main building is locked but next to it on the right is a smaller entrance between the town hall and the tourist information office went in with log book and CoC only looked at log book 4.90 Euro Cash Only, done there and then. The town hall is about twenty mins walk from the Aire,

Aire was 9 Euro Cash Only for 7.5 mtr motorhome without electric or services.

Many. Thanks to all who replied.

It is unlikely you'll need one, and enforcement is manual and the penalties nowhere near as punitive as the UK...

...BUT..

.. given the lifetime validity and the ease of obtaining one online, in advance, from Berlin for €6 on your credit card, I'd just do it. Turnround has been less than a week on the three occasions I've done it.

Robinhood - 2020-09-29 9:30 PM

It is unlikely you'll need one, and enforcement is manual and the penalties nowhere near as punitive as the UK...

...BUT..

.. given the lifetime validity and the ease of obtaining one online, in advance, from Berlin for €6 on your credit card, I'd just do it. Turnround has been less than a week on the three occasions I've done it.

The prices seem to vary considerably for an on line application. Do you have the link for the Berlin connection?

For what it's worth.....my German friend who lives in Reutlingen near Stuttgart, told me that the police have no interest in these stickers and .... they are only checked "manually" by council officials eg parking wardens etc when the vehicle is stopped. There are no electronic checks.

So, if you make a mistake and enter a zone unwittingly, the best course of action is to keep going, don't park, and get out of the zone.

Archived