Getting ready for the off.

BS20

I have been keeping the MH charged via mains on the drive with a timer set for 2 hours a day.

Today I went out to lubricate the door hinges, check interior and flush out and refill the water system. etc.

The engine started 1st time which was comforting and noticed diesel level was 1/3 full so after checking brakes took the MH to fill up via the motorway at Costco and was pleasantly surprised to find premium diesel at £1.03 .

Filled up for and drove back home completing a 22 mile round trip and the driving , smell, and rattles, all built up my enthusiasm to get going again when we get the ok.

Now we all al ready to go we just have to pick a non popular location, if possible.

It will be difficult as we will all be wanting to find a somewhere to go so bookings will be in short supply.

So once the gates are open are you going to give this year a miss or take a chance and head out ?

In my location Sydney we are free to move around our state NSW on leisure journeys from 1 June. Last week I prepared our MH by cleaning the roof and polishing the complete body, attended to some other small tasks in readiness for the pressing ofthe GO button.

Fuel prices have dropped here also now down to $1.18 per litre (£0.62 per litre or £2.84 /gln approx). The border north to Queensland is still closed to leisure travel but south to Victoria is open but leisure travel is not allowed. The rules seem to change often so it is difficult to keep up. We will be travelling up the coast north to our regular haunts & really looking forward to the opportunity to move around. We are fully self contained so no issues there or with social distancing.as the caravan parks have large lots. It is fast approaching winter so temps are down 18c by day & 13c by night approx along the coast however the ocean is still warm enough to swim so all good. Cheers,

Archived