Gutter for Ducato sliding door?

CPeachey

We have a 2005 Trigano Tribute / Ducato HiTop panel van conversion.

When we open the sliding door after it has rained water drips down onto the seat. What I need is some sort of gutter fixed to the body above the door to channel the rain away from the top of the door. I am sure this must be a common problem but cannot find any forum posts on the subject.

Any offers please?

Chris

CPeachey - 2013-06-03 6:03 PM

We have a 2005 Trigano Tribute / Ducato HiTop panel van conversion.

When we open the sliding door after it has rained water drips down onto the seat. What I need is some sort of gutter fixed to the body above the door to channel the rain away from the top of the door. I am sure this must be a common problem but cannot find any forum posts on the subject.

Any offers please?

Chris

Chris

think you will find some reference to it on the tribby forum here

http://www.tribby.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1654&p=8658&hilit=gutter+for+sliding+door#p8658

http://www.tribby.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2019

Thanks for the link. The water comes in AFTER it has rained and only when we open the door. You can see it on the van's bodywork and the top ledge of the door. The door itself is watertight when closed.

I had heard of the Swift "gutter" but have not found anywhere I can get it on-line.

We live in Loughton, Essex and there are no decent dealers nearby.

Chris

The other alternative is to fit a 'seal' to gap between SLD and body along top of SLD and part way down. It was posted on here some time back using rubber seal. I've just fitted a trial closed seal weather strip to see if it works, not rain since I fitted it. Photo's are a bit naf for showing it.

Just adding a third photo hope it shows better, but getting a bit dark for my flashless phone to take photo's

Seal1.thumb.jpg.cde4b1078c16513c825276c0c82e593c.jpg

Seal2.thumb.jpg.96267cd68fb7aa47fc6383fa9087e394.jpg

Seal3.thumb.jpg.b19daf5fc975810be4a6a894d0d1c737.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi; we have a X250 Ducato, but similar problem.

We have a wind-out awning/canopy, and if we think it's liable to rain we usually wind it out about half a metre and this sort it! Also one less aero noise to put up with

regards

alan b

I too had this problem with my PVC. I bought a strip of caravan guttering to fix it and it cured the problem. I can't remember where I got it from but if you put 'fiamma drip stop' into Google I'm sure you'll find it. I bought a 3 mere length and cut it to size.

Its a lot cheaper than buying a canopy and winding it out a bit like someone suggested. Also I thought that canopies are for shading the sun and shouldn't be used in rain/wind.

trevor166uk - 2013-06-30 11:05 AM

if you put 'fiamma drip stop' into Google I'm sure you'll find it. I bought a 3 mere length and cut it to size.

Its a lot cheaper than buying a canopy and winding it out a bit like someone suggested. Also I thought that canopies are for shading the sun and shouldn't be used in rain/wind.

We HAVE an awning; didn't buy one just to wind out half a meter! we use it as a sun shade , or in light rain at near full extension. Have to admit that I've had to get out of bed to wind itback in in gale force winds, but only twice so far; and yes I wind it fully in in those conditions. Gales and heavy rain, and I'm guessing that one of the Fiamma gutters is not very effective? Hopefully it's mostly warm rain?

regards

alan b

I could not find the Swift part anywhere and finished up buying a strip of aluminium ("P" shaped) from Homebase and screwing it to the top of the door frame, bedded in sealant.

Probably wont rain for another year now to test it!

Archived