Gypsy Fair Stow on Wold and Appleby

Guest Ana

Guest Ana
We are wondering whether to go to the Gypsy Fair in Stow on Wold on Thursday 12 May or not .. worried about security etc but I am fascinated by the Romanies and always have been! Has anyone here been OR planning to go OR been to the very famous Appleby Fair in Yorkshire? Ana xx

Guest Peter Goddard
Appleby Horse Fair takes place in June and Appleby is actually in Cumbria not Yorkshire. Don't even think of taking a car into the town during the Fair let alone a motorhome. There is a very good campsite in Kirkby Stephen (Pennine View) and a regular bus service between the two towns. The horse fair makes a good day out but keep your hand on your wallet! Hope this helps.

Guest Ruth
Hi Ana we stay in Appleby regularly-family connections. I'd recommend you stay on a regular site or CS/CL during the fair for security reasons but how booked up they get I'm not sure. Lots of action and colour but security is an issue if you are not careful.

Guest Ana
Thanks for the information! Appleby isn't really an option as it is too far from us, much as I'd love to go! Having second thoughts about Stow too due to security etc.

Guest tom
hire a couple of big hairy Lurchers for the duration!!!!you may find the lurchers gone but the rest will still be there..

Archived