Hankook tyres ?

Roryboy

Would you consider these tyres - 215/70R15 Hankook RA18 109/107S - to be okay on my 3500 kg Motorhome ?

Weighbridge axle weights are - Front 1560 kg and Rear 1940 kg and tyre pressures - 3.5 bar (51 psi) Front and 4.2 bar (61 psi) Rear.

Any reasons why not and do the pressures seem about right ?

This 2017 forum thread discussed Hankook’s RA18 tyres

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Hankook-pressures-/47422/

Based on Continental’s data for an equivalent tyre specification, 3.5bar (front axle) and 4.2bar (rear axle) infaltion-pressures should be OK.

(As I’ve said before here, the Hankook Vantra LT (RA18) was the clear winner in a 2013 independent comparative test of ‘motorhome suitable’ tyres.)

I purchased and fitted more than 500 Hankook RA18 tyres over a 15 year period and cannot praise them highly enough. There was a brief time when we had a small batch of 6 that had sidewall issues which occurred during the transition from Korean manufacture to their newer facility in Eastern Europe. Warranty claims were handled admirably and a notable improvement in overall quality was evident. I think that these are excellent tyres perfectly suited to Fiat Ducato's of every description.

Archived