Heads up M20 this weekend

Clive_Adams

Important information – M20 roadworks 16th - 19th August

Highways England has advised that roadworks will be in place on the M20 between junctions 9 (Ashford North) & 11 (Hythe) which are likely to have an impact on your journey to us this weekend.

Both carriageways will be closed from Friday 16th August at 22:00 until Monday 19th August at 06:00.

There will be a diversion in place.

paul2 - 2019-08-16 10:22 AM

Hi

i'm book on the ferry Sunday evening best I allow more time.

Thankyou Paul

I always use the A2 to get to the port.

It’s a pleasanter drive, bypasses Dover town and would bring you down right to the roundabout at the port entrance.

Unless the Highways Authority apply restrictions to the A2 as well it might prove a better route to the Dover ferries for you.

This is from the local Kent news.

Personally I would avoid the whole area, it'll be mayhem again.

All the M20 traffic is being diverted onto the M2/A2 so that will be chock-a-block also.

"Highways England has released the official diversion for its plans to close the M20 in both directions this weekend. It will be closed between junction 9 for Ashford and junction 11 for Hythe.

The closure will begin at 10pm tonight (August 16) and will not reopen until 6am on Monday (August 19).

The same 55 mile diversion will be implemented as seen during previous weekend closures on this stretch.

M20 weekend closure: The M20 will be closed in both directions all weekend between Ashford and Hythe

What's the diversion?

Coastbound traffic will be diverted off the M20 at junction 7 onto the northbound A249 before joining the coastbound M2. Drivers will continue east on the A2 before joining the Londonbound A20 and rejoining the M20 towards junction 11.

Londonbound traffic will be turned around at junction 11 to head towards Dover on the coastbound carriageway and take the same diversion in the opposite direction."

Archived