Height barriers

Guest Geoff

Guest Geoff
Wm. Morrison's supermarket at Boroughbridge in N. Yorks. located alongside the A1M is a popular stopping place for many motorhomers to enjoy the cafe, restock with provisions and fill up with fuel. Recent extensions and improvements (?) to the car park have now been completed and the parking area has been equipped with height barriers.Although the height is stated at 3m they will exclude many motorhomes and deter many others. (Fuel can be still be bought without passing the barriers.) I have written to Morrisons to point out the error of their ways and outlined the benefits to them of encouraging motorhomes to use their facilities. I will let you know their views when and if I receive a reply.

Guest martin h
i know height barriers cause us motorhomers strife but in their defence have you seen the mess and other problems caused by certain caravan towing nomads who travel in great numbers around our car parks, farm land ,green belt,or any other free camping grounds they can mutilate? you can`t blame Morrisons and the like, although it drives us nuts!...by the way, They won`t mention the nomads.

During the last war (1939-45) they used to weld an upright sharp metal bar onto the front of the old Willy's jeeps to break wire that 'nasty men' used to string across the Road at head height.(to stop them parking their 'smelly jeeps'in or close to Berlin ?)Now I think a Sharp 6" RSJ Mounted on the front of my LARGE Unimog motorhome might mean I get to park in Morrisons !! (tomorrow the WORLD,or perhaps the seafront carparks in Devon !!) RayJ

Guest Dave B
Nice one Ray, anyone yet thought of converting a tank, that might make the jobsworth eyes run with a shot across their bows, be it Devon Dorset or Dublin, might even work on the Gypsy sites too.

Archived