Heki roof light roller blind

chas

My 13yr old roof light roller blind is now looking its age, and was wondering if anyone had used anything to bring them back looking nearly like new. Obviously its going to be a tricky job being unsupported on the top. A spray on solution would be a big help, but how to clean it off afterwards. The blind as never been subjected to tobacco smoke, its just aged. Any cleaner suggestions most welcome. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, yes the outer plastic cover does not give me concern, but both mesh and blind work well, but I have learnt over time if a thing works ok, leave well alone :D but with a nice clean off white ceiling the blind when in use looks a little shabby, but to take them apart might open a can of worms lol. Cheers

Except for the small Thule rooflight in my present Rapido’s toilet/shower compartment, none of my motorhomes’ rooflights have had roller blinds - however two of the vehicles have had Dometic/Seitz windows with roller blinds that I occasionally used to wipe over.

This 2012 discussion relates to cleaning window blinds with spots/marks on them

https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=8&TopicID=274065&PagePosition=1

For just cleaning ‘dirt’ off the surface of a window/rooflight roller blind I’d use the method mentioned in the link’s original posting - a warm washing-up-liquid solution on a soft cloth and gentle rubbing. Several ‘goes’ might be needed, allowing the blind’s surface to dry between goes. I’d try not to use anything more aggressive unless the blind’s surface were badly marked and/or mouldy.

There are on-line instructions on how to remove the blinds from a HEKI rooflight, but I suggest you avoid attempting this unless you really have to.

You could replace the roller blind, but it would not be cheap (£60-£70?)

Andy&Lou - 2018-08-14 2:37 PM

PJay - 2018-08-14 10:33 AM

have you tried taking it apart? We replaced the mesh and sun blind on ours, due to wear. The plastic outer will discolour due sunlight

PJay

Hi

Where did you get a replacement mesh bit from?

Hi Andy

From Memory we sent away for them, some one on line.Made up

I have some grey net which we bought in Spain, on a roll.Will have to be cut to size, and seal the side (I guess) I will look to see how much there is. If you are interested , could let you have it. We live close to you.up the A27

We are selling our van, in fact it should go to-morrow! so have a few bits left over. Including a almost new sun blind for the awing, plus odd books on sites etc, so will be getting shot of these bits and bob also

If interested PM me, after to-morrow please

PJay

Archived