Help please - Fridge Vent Clips

steveandlisa

...sliders on the left hand side that slide upwards (they engage with a plastic mushroom head on the inner vent).

They can be tight. Press the bottom part of the clip inwards with one thumb, and apply upward pressure to the top half with both thumbs (it is lipped, so you can get some purchase).

Once the clips are released, carefully ease the left side of the vent free, and as you move it slowly outward, it should snap out at the right side.

Replacement is the reverse (engage the right hand side first).

Robinhood - 2019-06-20 4:17 PM

...sliders on the left hand side that slide upwards (they engage with a plastic mushroom head on the inner vent).

They can be tight. Press the bottom part of the clip inwards with one thumb, and apply upward pressure to the top half with both thumbs (it is lipped, so you can get some purchase).

Once the clips are released, carefully ease the left side of the vent free, and as you move it slowly outward, it should snap out at the right side.

Replacement is the reverse (engage the right hand side first).

So I`m gonna need three thumbs then 8-)

The ventilation grilles for recent THETFORD fridges have two ‘sliders’ at the top that move horizontally.

The Thetford grille sliders on my Rapido move very easily, so I’ve restrained them with a small blob of clear silicone sealant. If I should need to remove the grilles it’s a simple matter to cut through the silicone blob.

steveandlisa - 2019-06-20 4:41 PM

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how the clips on the external Dometic fridge vents unfasten :-S. Although the fridge is working ok ;-) I would just like to check behind for dust etc, but I cant get the damm things off >:-(

Steve.

To remove the Dometic Vents depending on size ..mine has 2 slotted screw that you turn 1/4 turn then pull just the screw side of the vent away ONLY out enough to clear the van wall (about 2") then pull the vent parallel with the van wall ..this will allow it to come free from the dowels on the opposite side of the vent ..can be a bit hard to pull if not been removed before ....

Yours does sound like the Slide up and Down tabs, after you have knackered your thumbs moving them, best to put a drop of silicone on them for future ease of sliding.

But please,please dont spray silicone on them whilst fitted and the fridge is working on gas.

Well, the OP has gone quiet (possibly searching for an extra digit). B-)

If any reassurance is required, these catches are (as set out in my original reply) designed to be a tight, "snap" fit, and do take some significant upward pressure to remove them. B-)

Fitting shown here:

vent.JPG.9d4951a86c5d0bd42c92fdede7307f18.JPG

Hi Robinhood,

Went out to my mo/home this morning armed with your knowledge and a tin of PTFE spray (?).

Sprayed a small amount of the PTFE around the sliders and using only "TWO THUMBS" they unclipped and slid upwards, hoorah :-D

Thanx for yours and the other members help ;-)

Regards steve (steveandlisa)

Archived