Herald Templar - any info would be welcome

Guest Maura McFall

Guest Maura McFall
Hi everyone if there are any owners who have experience or knowledge of the Herald Templar Ford Auto Circa 1994 2.5TD I would love to hear from you. I am looking to buy one as my first ever MH and any background info would be very welcome indeed. Thanks for any replies

Hi Maura We were considering buying one a few years back and noticed that they appear to get a fair bit of rust around the bottom of the cab window glass, ie where the water sits, also around the bottom of the windscreen glass - at the time we were looking the van in question was only a few years old so whether or not a 1994 van would have had problems, and been filled etc, would be worth exploring - take a good magnet with you and see if it drops off!!! Mel B

Thanks for that Mel, it's just the sort of info I need. I have heard some very good reports also. It seems the earlier models were better made than after the company was bought out by Compass. Some people have said that the Poole built ones were so well made and maintained that is what sent the business bust. Seems good quality and service are hard to maintain to that level and they just didn't make enough profit to survive - how sad is that? What did you buy in the end, and have you had happy experience with your MH? Thanks again Maura

Guest David Powell
Hi Maura...Apparently Ford Transit automatic gear boxes have no adjustment on the reverse gear, so if it starts to slip it is a case of new parts, and a big bill,so give it a thorough test before accepting it.

Archived