You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Herald Templar - any info would be welcome
AuthorMessage
userMaura McFall
Posted: 10 January 2005 2:49 PM
Subject: Herald Templar - any info would be welcome

Hi everyone
if there are any owners who have experience or knowledge of the Herald Templar Ford Auto Circa 1994 2.5TD I would love to hear from you. I am looking to buy one as my first ever MH and any background info would be very welcome indeed.

Thanks for any replies
userMel B
Posted: 11 January 2005 3:14 PM

Hi Maura

We were considering buying one a few years back and noticed that they appear to get a fair bit of rust around the bottom of the cab window glass, ie where the water sits, also around the bottom of the windscreen glass - at the time we were looking the van in question was only a few years old so whether or not a 1994 van would have had problems, and been filled etc, would be worth exploring - take a good magnet with you and see if it drops off!!!
Mel B
userMaura
Posted: 11 January 2005 3:39 PM

Thanks for that Mel, it's just the sort of info I need. I have heard some very good reports also. It seems the earlier models were better made than after the company was bought out by Compass. Some people have said that the Poole built ones were so well made and maintained that is what sent the business bust. Seems good quality and service are hard to maintain to that level and they just didn't make enough profit to survive - how sad is that?
What did you buy in the end, and have you had happy experience with your MH?
Thanks again
Maura
userDavid Powell
Posted: 14 January 2005 2:11 AM

Hi Maura...Apparently Ford Transit automatic gear boxes have no adjustment on the reverse gear, so if it starts to slip it is a case of new parts, and a big bill,so give it a thorough test before accepting it.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator