Honda Innova

Roy

Hello, does anyone own a Honda Innova? i am thinking about getting one i know they are pretty nippy one up but what are they like with two people on board, your opinions would be appreciated, thank you Roy

Guest Derek Uzzell
I notice there's an informative review on www.cub90.co.uk/hondainnova125re.html With a 125cc motor 2-up performance won't be startling but should be perfectly adequate unless the riders are very heavy.

Roy The performance will be better if the motor is 2-stroke but quieter if it is 4-stroke. Either way, a 125cc should be more than adequate 2 up. Regards Neal

Have owned an Innova for almost 2 years. Carry it on the back of my Rapido. Performance solo and two up is OK. Better mpg than my previous 100cc 2 stroke scooter. The petrol tank is small(I carry a apare can of petrol in the m/home), tyre pressures are critical, my wife and I are both in the heavy weight brigade and we have had three punctures (France, Spain and England)I think I have now learned the lesson. The gear change on my machine is poor between 1st and 2nd and between 2nd and 1st. Despite above comments quite satisfied with it. Rodger

Guest Ian Stewart
Yes, I went for one because of its weight, just under 100KG. It's fine two-up for shortish distances but I wouldn't fancy doing a journey of 50 miles or more that way. Mind you, many years ago, I had its predecessor, a C90 Cub (90cc), and have used that two-up for short trips up to 10 miles.

Ian Blimey mate, I wouldn't fancy a journey of 50 miles or more on any two-wheeled machine, two up or solo! And I'm an ex-biker! Just shows you what 30 years and utter laziness does for you! Regards Neal

You poor load of old crocks! 10 miles only! Me and the Mrs frequently do a 60-80 mile round trip on our Monkey bikes in southern warmer climbs. Never any threat of two up though, she used to ride pillion when we were younger and she was expecting our first born, but an occurance when I broad sided to a halt on the Velocette Viper Clubman in front of a stationary bus (on MY side of the road) meant she never trusted me again! Son arrived on time though! I ask you!

Archived