Huawei MiFi default username/password?

StuartO

I bought a Huawei MiFi device and pre-payed data card for use abroad - only to discover that the Device is not enabled for international roaming, so I need to log in on the Huawei website to change the setting. I bought it off EBay as a used unit and never thought to ask about passwords because in UK the thing worked perfectly when I tested it.

Does anyone have one of these things and if so did it come with a default username/password? If so what were they?

...depends on model, but the default username/password is likely to be admin/admin (though, if it has been set, you will need to return to factory settings).

However, on mine, roaming is enabled/disabled through the settings which are displayed on unit's screen, by toggling through the various settings, and doesn't require logging on to the unit.

I suggest that you do not press the re-set button yet, it will also reset your SSID and login password.

So probably best to first try welted’s suggestion without the resetting first, the admin login/password may still be the default.

I’m assuming that you don’t have the manual? If not then this is probably it http://www.three.co.uk/static/user_guides/huawei_E5372_QSG.pdf

Agree with Robinhood - just toggle through the settings on the mifi device and enable roaming with a tick.

It's also worth downloading the Huawei app onto your tablet or mobile phone. This allows you to view all the available service providers so you can switch to one that gives you the best signal.

You obviously need to know the approved service providers supported by your mifi data sim, in any particular country. This info should be available on their website.

I have a Huawei MiFi and use a 3 Data only card. I believe they must be activated in UK first, then mine have always worked first time abroad after its searched for the nearest WiFi operator is complete. I don't activate mine till just before going abroad save wasting any of its time limit.

I have the Huawei mifi and spend long periods in France up to six months. I have never had a problem activating a three data sim whilst away I carry three or four and just put a new one in as required and they start up straight away.

Archived