Hymer UK and Brownhills

Guest Stanley

Guest Stanley
Hi All, I agree with comments that "Madisons" did at one point have a poor reputation but since they became Hymer UK - I feel that things have changed and it is a completely different operation now. On a trip late last year, we had a problem with our water system and as we were near Birmingham near the M6, we didnt want to go all the way back to Preston to have them take a look at it. We contacted the Service Department at Hymer UK to ask for advise. They were very helpful and told us that if we wished we could take our Motorhome to Brownhills of Newark or Cannock, and as we were only 15 miles from Cannock - it was ideal. We got the number for Brownhills of Cannock and they told us to bring the Motorhome in straight away and before we knew it a new water pump had been fitted and we were soon on our way to sunny Spain. All under warranty! No charge and no fuss. To be honest thats why I buy from a UK offical importer - they know the product, know how to fix them and are more than happy to help.

Guest David Foster
We bought a new Hymer motorhome in May 2004 from Brownhills. We are still trying to get repairs done (February 2005) that were present on delivery. Despite visits to Brownhills, numerous letters - mostly ignored, even by the Chief Executive we are still waiting. Brownhills blame Hymer for failure to authorise and supply replacement parts for those that they have diagnosed as being faulty. What is the secret for getting Brownhills and Hymer to honour the warranty?

Archived