Hymer UK

Guest D Shatf

Guest D Shatf
Having read all the comments on this site about peoples terrible experiences at Hymer UK and/or Brownhills, I really must disagree! Since buying our new Hymer Camp in May 04 we have always found the aftersales service excellent and although we have had teething problems with the van, they have always resolved them quickly. Please note if considering buying a Hymer, ALL of the negative comments about Hymers are from people who imported their own Hymers from the continent and not from an offical UK dealer. Maybe if they are having so many problems with a UK Dealer, they should return their vehicle to where they bought it from......or is that too far away?!! Would you really return a Toshiba TV you bought from Comet back to Dixons if it went faulty? I think the answer is obvious!! Think about it people. Keep up the good work Hymer UK!!

I too have had good experiences with Hymer UK at Brownhills. I wanted a seat swivel for a 1996 Hymer and Jeff in the parts department was extremely helpful. The part was in stock, at a good price (slightly more expensive than some, but it is a genuine Hymer part and matches the existing swivel exactly) and Jeff sent several pics first to be sure it was the right one. They were not even going to charge me until I had tried it in the van. Excellent!

Guest mike Turner
Comet & Dixons have loads of branches to take stuff back to. If we bought a Hymer from The UK operation we would have to do a 600 mile round trip for every problem, or even have a service. Hymer is one of the biggest brands in Europe, but they only have 1 dealer in the uk. I think they are trading on their exclusivity (with the corresponding higher prices) & threatening anybody who buys from elsewhere in Europe with no service. Surely Hymer in Germany would get a bigger market share in the Uk if they had more dealers? Or is it that when the dealers got the franchise they set up a long term exclusive deal? Seems to me that it's against EU competition laws.

Guest Will Redfearn Wirral Motorhome Club
Couldn't agree more with you Mike. UK as the UK reps for Hymer appear to be acting in the face of EU consumer regulations. I'm somewhat concerned that if you are in the know you get the service you deserve. Let's hear from these 'apologists' when something goes wrong.

Re Brownhills i imported ny Hymer from Germany no problems having it serviced in Germany as i have it done on my way to Greece thats my choice.Iwanted to buy a pair of roof bars from Brownhills £354,from any continental Hymer dealer 280 euros or at the time £200!!!! Thats why we we import,we are not all moners

Guest Will Redfearn Wirral Motorhome Club
Couldn't agree more with you Mike. HymerUK as the UK reps for Hymer appear to be acting in the face of EU consumer regulations. I'm somewhat concerned that if you are in the know you get the service you deserve. Let's hear from these 'apologists' when something goes wrong.

We set out to by a Hymer from Madisons before Brownhill bought them. Madisons were absolutely terrible, we left the showroom discusted with their welcome (not) after we had driven up from Hampshire early that morning. It was only by browsing through MMM that we spotted a big add for Brownhills who were roughly as far north as we were. We phoned them up, explained our situation to Roger Pierce and ended up later with an Autotrail Merc Scout which we continue to enjoy. It seems that Madisons have learnt!

Archived