I can't believe that I've actually met "HIM"!!!

Mel B

I've met him! He that 'must be obeyed' when it comes to motorhomes that is ... yes, John Wickersham!!!! My husband and I went to the motorhome show at the NEC on Saturday and pottered along to the MCM stand and who should be there signing copies of his manual but the man himself. Well, after getting over the shock and awe, we had a good chat ... what a nice man he is, I even managed to talk about something other than Sika, although I admit to discussing their products with him as well!!! Ohhhh, I need a lie down just thinking about it all! Seriously though, it was good to meet up with one of the many excellent contributors to the various motorhome mags, long may you all continue to put pen to paper, or to stroke your keys. What say the rest of you!

Guest David Powell
Oh! Mel B you were so excited I thought you had met up with some one interesting from this FORUM! By the way, while I'm on, not wishing to be rude, who is John Wickersham? We all come on here to learn something new.

Guest pete walker
hi mel b, i met him to at the nec about four years ago, and yes he is a nice man and very knowledgable,he was on the alan rogers stand when i bumped into him. pete

Mel I hope he waas in a fit state to go home to his wife afterwards! It is nice to see the faces and talk to them of the regular contributors to MMM, some of them are even human. Good luck Docted

Guest Neal Farrow
I can't believe that, out of 4 replies, two people have never heard of John Wickersham!!!! Whether or not you actually agree with, or even need, his advice is immaterial. His name is well known to ANYONE who takes a passing interest in motorcaravan matters and publications. This is a motorcaravan forum, isn't it?? Regards Neal

Guest David Powell
Yes! Silly me! I was on the wrong track thinking of someone from Warners Publishing, been reading John Wickersham for yonks, just didn't CLICK with me, sorry Mr. Wickersham Sir.

Guest Derek Uzzell
Mel B: I think it's likely that John Wickersham is at the NEC for the duration of the show. On Friday, the SIKA rep told me he had just been talking to him; obviously you saw him on Saturday, and he was on the Practical Motorhome stand on Tuesday. As he writes for so many publications, he must have to spread himself around. Having read your Sunday posting, on our Tuesday visit I was severely tempted to mention to JW that he had made one normally level-headed woman go weak at the knees. I would have done it except it was mid-afternoon, snowing outside, and I recognised the crazed glitter in my wife's eyes that said "I've had it up to here with heaters, gas-regulators, toilets, fridges - in fact all things motorcaravan. If we don't GO HOME NOW expect serious strife!" I know my place, so (unless someone else told him) JW remains unaware of your hero worship.

Archived