I've booked my first few days away.

stevec176

All being well we will be going off in the morning for a few days off grid in the Charente valley. A spot of fishing and dog walking. Some restaurants are open but only serving outdoor areas on a takeaway type of arrangement. You eat at their outside tables instead of at home. But we have prepared for doing midday BBQs and simple evening meals so that we don't have to eat out.

Not as far as I am aware. We are only restricted to travelling no more than 100km from home if we are entering a different department from where we live without needing an Attestation. Our destination is in a neighbouring department, but less than 100km as the crow flies from home, so we do not need the Attestation or to justify our travel.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/End-of-lockdown-in-France-travel-rules

There are lots of camping-cars about at the moment and any communal aires that were closed during the lock down I saw on my travels have now been re-opened. Most communal aires never closed.

We will be parking at the side of the river in a car park just outside a small village. We go there two or three times a year. Totally off grid, no services whatsoever, but in normal times there are restaurants and a bar within easy walking distance. I have made some burgers and Little Wife has baked a quiche. We have plenty of salad stuff from the garden, some broad beans and the first of the new potatoes so we won't starve. (lol)

Archived