Importing rapido Motorhome

francepops

I assume you are buying from a dealer? If so, the stage 2 CoC will usually be provided on delivery by the dealer. Assuming the van is already in stock, you could probably get the dealer to e-mail you a copy if you need one to assist with UK registration. How will you get the van from the dealer to UK? If driving, be aware that you may have some difficulty getting UK insurance cover for the leg of the journey outside the UK.

Bob’s (francepops’s) posting of 15 July 2017 2:57 PM in this 2016/2017 forum discussion

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Any-Campereve-owners-out-there-/43265/

indicates that Bob has been the owner for some years of the Campereve Magellan 643 motorhome he has mentioned above, and is not buying it. Basically, he is importing a currently French-registered secondhand motorhome into the UK and needs its Campereve/Rapido Certificate of Conformity.

I would have thought that the obvious way forwards would be to contact Campereve/Rapido at Mayenne

SAS CAMPÉRÊVE / Siège social

414 rue des perrouins - CS 20019

53101 MAYENNE CEDEX

Tél. +33 (0)2 43 30 30 29

Fax. +33 (0)2 43 30 27 38

or

info@rapido.fr

I don’t know if Anthony Pfaff still works at the Mayenne factory, but he tended to end up handling English-language enquiries and could be very helpful.

Yes , I have emailed my dealer in France ,no reply yet ,and it is now the dreaded holiday month of August 2 days time ,so not hopeful.

I have heard of Anthony pfaff. Does anyone have his email address.

Yes the van is in the u.k and is halfway through being imported .But I do not have the part 2 .

I may have to write to rapido and carareve ,who are the subsidiary who converted the van .

But I wanted a quicker way ,ie by email .

Thanks .

francepops - 2020-07-30 2:21 PM

...I have heard of Anthony pfaff. Does anyone have his email address...

Assuming that Anthony still works for Rapido, I'm sure he has an internal 'factory' address, but I don't know what that might be.

When I've contacted Anthony in the past, I've gone through Rapido's website's contact procedure marking the message "For the attention of M. Anthony Pfaff" and he has responded using the info@rapido.fr address. If I remember correctly, the Rapido contact 'gateway' was protective against spammers and not exactly user-friendly - but it worked OK for me.

As has been mentioned above, you might try one of the UK dealerships for help. Highbridge Caravan Centre seems to have a hot-line to the Rapido factory, so might be your best bet.

Archived