Info for doggy people.......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

A couple of weeks ago we had the Titre test done on our Spanish pooch ........

She passed as our vet expected, because she'd been vaccinated every year for the first few years of her life.......Which has now been reduced to every two years here in this part of Spain ;-) .......

We got the email today that she passed B-) .........

Although the certificate will apparently take weeks to arrive 8-) .......

Dontcha just love EU bureaucracy *-) .......

PS .....It cost 120 quid here in Spain.......

What do you mean EU Bureaucracy?!!!

While in the EU, getting a pet passport is straightforward, all organised in the interests of preventing rabies and fox tapeworm being brought into UK.

Now we are in limbo - not worth getting our 7 month old puppy passported, as may only be valid until the blond buffoon has his way. Likelihood then is rabies vaccination, wait 1 month for titration test, if it's positive, wait 3 months before you can travel. All this because UK will be an "unlisted country."

You may be enjoying Spanish sunshine now, sunshine, but not sure how you'll get your dog back home if your dream comes true and we crash out.

We had Odin's done in the Netherlands near Schiphol at the vet facility (dierenaarts)in a Ranzijn. 

I think NL is in the EU?

Test done July 19, results and certificate Aug.4.

This was their quote:
"The costs for the test are 20 euro consult, 15,25 euro for blood withdrawal and around 85 euro’s for the rabies titer test (depending on where we send it).
Please keep in mind that the results and rabies certificate take around 10 workdays to get back to us."

IIRC, the actual bill was about €15 less than the quote.

Much better than here in Canada, where the cost was going to total out to about CDN $500, (about €340)!

I just avoid responding to posts, but the titre test will only come into effect if the "swivel eyed loons" have their way and we crash out without a deal.

In the meantime we have Boris's deal which manages to be worse than the one he voted against twice and described as "making the UK a vassal state of the EU".

But with no effective opposition it may just come to pass and we can enter five years (as a conservative estimate) of trade deal negotiations before we finally leave. So motorhomers can carry on in Europe as before.

(Welcome to the world of "strong and stable" UK politics.)

747 - 2019-11-18 7:29 PM

Ironic that the UK is Rabies free while EU countries are not. 8-)

It is unreasonable EU bureaucracy.

The following link is to a GOV.UK website listing countries in alphabetical order and their terrestrial-animals rabies risk.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rabies-risks-by-country/rabies-risks-in-terrestrial-animals-by-country

The EU countries are:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK

Referring to the website listing shows that the majority of EU contries are “No risk”, with Eastern European countries tending to be problematical risk-wise.

(I can’t find any credible information on-line linking rabies to UK politics...)

Guest pelmetman
Conrad - 2019-11-18 6:50 PM

What do you mean EU Bureaucracy?!!!

While in the EU, getting a pet passport is straightforward, all organised in the interests of preventing rabies and fox tapeworm being brought into UK.

Now we are in limbo - not worth getting our 7 month old puppy passported, as may only be valid until the blond buffoon has his way. Likelihood then is rabies vaccination, wait 1 month for titration test, if it's positive, wait 3 months before you can travel. All this because UK will be an "unlisted country."

You may be enjoying Spanish sunshine now, sunshine, but not sure how you'll get your dog back home if your dream comes true and we crash out.

My reference to EU bureaucracy is that we had the test results last week ;-) .........

Yet it will take weeks to post the certificate *-) .........

BTW our dog has a Spanish passport so we are just guilding the lilly in case the UK reciprocates, which I doubt as we're not like those vindictive EU types >:-) ..........

Billggski - 2019-11-18 10:18 PM

I just avoid responding to posts, but the titre test will only come into effect if the "swivel eyed loons" have their way and we crash out without a deal.

In the meantime we have Boris's deal which manages to be worse than the one he voted against twice and described as "making the UK a vassal state of the EU".

But with no effective opposition it may just come to pass and we can enter five years (as a conservative estimate) of trade deal negotiations before we finally leave. So motorhomers can carry on in Europe as before.

(Welcome to the world of "strong and stable" UK politics.)

Whilst it has become fashionable to criticise the current deal and lay the blame everything on the incumbent PM it has to be said that if those who willingly voted in the referendum had the good grace to accept the result and not continually undermine the government's negotiations, then the deal may have been much better, the exit negotiations much cleaner and quicker and we would all by now know where we stand.

Just saying.

And I presume you also include the blond poodle who so effictively fought against each proposal that was made. Talk about procrastination ....... The idiots will get what the idiots deserve - unfortunately that does not include the poodle and his bunch of stoogies including his adviser Dominic Cummings who has yet to explain what he spent 3 years in Russia doing - other than being indocrinated in extreme right wing corrupt politics care of his ex-Kremlin bunch of cronies. Wonder why the 'Russia investigation' report is being delayed till post election?

jak - 2019-11-19 12:49 PM

And I presume you also include the blond poodle who so effictively fought against each proposal that was made. Talk about procrastination ....... The idiots will get what the idiots deserve - unfortunately that does not include the poodle and his bunch of stoogies including his adviser Dominic Cummings who has yet to explain what he spent 3 years in Russia doing - other than being indocrinated in extreme right wing corrupt politics care of his ex-Kremlin bunch of cronies. Wonder why the 'Russia investigation' report is being delayed till post election?

The unexplained behaviour and past of politicians is not confined to the Tory Party or, indeed the UK. You will find plenty of people with dodgy pasts in Brussels including the top man himself - Junckers.

I find it strange when Remain supporters pompously refer to those supporting Brexit as "Idiots". I have yet to find anyone who promotes remaining in the EU who when asked how much the UK contributes annually to the EU, can come within €20 billion of the correct amount. Most are over €30 billion out.

It is also strange how people who undermine a democratically determined decision that they themselves participated in can pretend to have a moral superiority.

*-)

Talks of EU going bust if we leave, why is that.

We effectively pay more than 17 other EU countries combined. We must pay loads then or are we suckers.

We Contribute £380Million a week or £19.7Billion a year.

Is that all, not worth bothering about then.

But then there's the Custom's Union, all members are in it. Has anyone noticed what each country pays.

Pays what does one say. TAX so to speak.

It's on the Internet, about £60Billion a year. Not my calc's. Well you don't expect us to get away without paying tax to the EU.

Guest pelmetman
Nicepix - 2019-11-19 3:15 PM

It is also strange how people who undermine a democratically determined decision that they themselves participated in can pretend to have a moral superiority.

*-)

Indeed B-) .......

I'm not a selfish expat who voted thinking of himself.........I'm an almost expat who voted unselfishly for what was best for his country B-) ........

gordonaldson - 2019-11-19 8:15 PM

Talks of EU going bust if we leave, why is that.

We effectively pay more than 17 other EU countries combined. We must pay loads then or are we suckers.

We Contribute £380Million a week or £19.7Billion a year.

Is that all, not worth bothering about then.

But then there's the Custom's Union, all members are in it. Has anyone noticed what each country pays.

Pays what does one say. TAX so to speak.

It's on the Internet, about £60Billion a year. Not my calc's. Well you don't expect us to get away without paying tax to the EU.

The thing is that most of the money paid by the UK in one form or another to the EU is not referred to as tax, subscription or payment. The EU skim something off all VAT revenues collected by HMC&E, they skim a Hell of a lot more off all Import Duties attributed to the non-Eu goods imported into the UK. The EU don't regard this as anything but their rightful revenue. That doesn't adequately explain the little issue that this money, whether it is paid on Moroccan oranges, Indian spices or Korean cars, is ultimately paid by UK consumers directly to Brussels without it being shown in public documents as such.

But then I'm just an idiot who thinks that Brexit is a good idea. I am sure that there will be someone much more clever who believes that remaining is the best option along in a minute to explain all this.

Guest pelmetman
Nicepix - 2019-11-19 7:59 PM

But then I'm just an idiot who thinks that Brexit is a good idea. I am sure that there will be someone much more clever who believes that remaining is the best option along in a minute to explain all this.

Perhaps they'll also be able to explain why subverting a democratic vote is democracy and not hypocrisy?..............

P1010899.JPG.1921f71859c6f97de2f4dd24690594c9.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-11-19 5:12 AM  My reference to EU bureaucracy is that we had the test results last week ;-) .........Yet it will take weeks to post the certificate *-) .........BTW our dog has a Spanish passport so we are just guilding the lilly in case the UK reciprocates, which I doubt as we're not like those vindictive EU types >:-) ..........

It might be Spanish bureaucracy , but not EU, as my Netherlands titres test experience spelled out above attests. 

Guest pelmetman
JeffersonCampervan - 2019-11-19 8:14 PM
pelmetman - 2019-11-19 5:12 AM  My reference to EU bureaucracy is that we had the test results last week ;-) .........Yet it will take weeks to post the certificate *-) .........BTW our dog has a Spanish passport so we are just guilding the lilly in case the UK reciprocates, which I doubt as we're not like those vindictive EU types >:-) ..........

It might be Spanish bureaucracy , but not EU, as my Netherlands titres test experience spelled out above attests. 
Doesn't being in the EU mean we all have the same rules? (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) .......Giggle (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) ........Oh dear :$ ........I may have just wet myself (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) .......It was worth it >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-11-19 3:18 PM

Doesn't being in the EU mean we all have the same rules? (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) .......Giggle (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) ........Oh dear :$ ........I may have just wet myself (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) .......It was worth it >:-) .......

Well I'm a Canadian, so I don't have a dog in this Brexit fight, but my experience as someone who has motorhomed in Europe extensively over the past 30 years, is no, the EU doesn't have the same rules country to country. AFAICT there's a great deal of local autonomy - sometimes I wish there was less - then there'd be, eg., one set of umweltzone standards and I wouldn't have to deal with bananas with varying degrees of curvature!

Guest pelmetman
JeffersonCampervan - 2019-11-19 8:41 PM

Well I'm a Canadian, so I don't have a dog in this Brexit fight, but my experience as someone who has motorhomed in Europe extensively over the past 30 years, is no, the EU doesn't have the same rules country to country. AFAICT there's a great deal of local autonomy - sometimes I wish there was less - then there'd be, eg., one set of umweltzone standards and I wouldn't have to deal with bananas with varying degrees of curvature!
Point of order this is a doggy thread ;-) .........

P1010899.JPG.062edd79814ca325d59e08db2b584518.JPG

Guest pelmetman
Keithl - 2019-11-19 9:14 PM

pelmetman - 2019-11-19 9:12 PM

Point of order this is a doggy thread ;-) .........

Agreed, and as you are in Motorhome Matters please keep it that way (!) (!) (!)

(Or I may be forced to relegate the thread to Chatterbox).

Keith.

Suits me B-) ......

Then I don't have to bother with my P's & Q's :D .......

JeffersonCampervan - 2019-11-19 9:41 PM

Yes, you are right. It is a bit like the USA where laws and rules can change from State to State and that is reflected within the EU. The EU are working on many areas including fiscal management where the EU is proposing an EU Minister who will have legal superiority over member country's financial policy. Armed forces and border security are also on the EU radar as being areas where the EU will take over responsibility from member states. On your travels around Europe you will have noticed that one or two countries don't yet use the Euro. That is also on the agenda. All countries will have to use the Euro within three years. The EU published a paper called: "Three Visions - One Direction. Plans for the Future of Europe" where all these issues were explained by Macron, Merkel and Junker. But, thankfully there are still areas of dissent and rebellion on a small scale. Last year the EU imposed a new system of vehicle testing entailing a common standard of vehicle testing throughout member states. One of the points of failure related to leakages. The original EU policy stated that any leak other than water entailed the vehicle being failed. Here in France the word 'substantial' was inserted between any and leak. This prevented tens of thousands of older cars failing the tests. Common sense prevailed. Sometimes different is good. :-D

Guest pelmetman
Nicepix - 2019-11-19 9:41 PM

But, thankfully there are still areas of dissent and rebellion on a small scale. Last year the EU imposed a new system of vehicle testing entailing a common standard of vehicle testing throughout member states. One of the points of failure related to leakages. The original EU policy stated that any leak other than water entailed the vehicle being failed. Here in France the word 'substantial' was inserted between any and leak. This prevented tens of thousands of older cars failing the tests. Common sense prevailed.

Sometimes different is good. :-D

I prefer to call it Incomprehensible logic with the hint of bribery & corruption ;-) ........

I paid a local firm here in Spain 1500 euros to register my £901 ebay bargain banger :D ......

I turned up at a ITV centre (MOT) at Benidorm on time as booked........

But as soon as I turned up the Geestor (The Spanish bloke you pay to sort stuff) went into melt down mode 8-) .......

Coz I have a tow bar? :-S ...........

Apparently after sitting in the queue for a couple of hours the Benidorm ITV crew decided tow bars were above their pay grade 8-) .........

Took it back to storage and left them to sort it out and went home for Christmas ;-) ........

Got back to new Spanish number plates on the car B-) ........

But they hadn't changed the lights because they couldn't get them? :-S ......

Just had them changed after I ordered the lights from Germany and had them delivered to us when we were in the UK :D ........

Guest pelmetman
jak - 2019-11-26 8:34 PM

Feel sorry for your dog .....

Why? :-S .......

I treat her better than I would a Corbyn supporter >:-) .......

P1010899.JPG.488dd33b08b4b12770fbbdb2be45d3e3.JPG

Guest pelmetman

Update ;-) .......

Got our dogs Passport stamped and her Tetre certificate today B-) ........

It appears it didn't take as long to arrive as our Spanish vet expected ;-) .......

Archived