You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Insurance quote
AuthorMessage
userweldted
Posted: 12 September 2020 4:57 AM
Subject: Insurance quote

Pillar of the forums

Currently paying £324 for our A Class (2019 £75000) just looking for quotes, having been a member of C&CC for over thirty years tried them for a quote, £1010 ??? Has cat 1 Alarm, Cat 6 tracker, stored in purpose built garage at bottom of garden, thinks a bit of a p take??
userConrad
Posted: 12 September 2020 8:36 AM
Subject: RE: Insurance quote

Gets involved

Can't recommend anyone in particular, I did an on-line search and got a few good quotes. But I'd advise trying to telephone a company/broker before completing the policy. I had good quote from a broker I'd used before, but they didn't answer the phone on numerous tries. No point in having a policy if you can't contact them if you want to make a claim.
userGrumpyman
Posted: 12 September 2020 3:23 PM

Pops in from time to time

TRY cARAVAN GUARD
userBrian Kirby
Posted: 12 September 2020 7:14 PM

Or try Comfort insurance. Don't use the on-line method, phone them, as they will take note of things such as the purpose built garage when calculating the premium.
userPete-B
Posted: 13 September 2020 1:46 PM

Lives on the forums

I've been with Saga a few years now and always been satisfied. I'm 83 now and thought to myself I be it rockets this year but they came back with an offer of £525 but fixed for three years unless circumstances change which I thought not too bad.
userSssnake
Posted: 14 September 2020 9:35 PM

Pops in from time to time

I’m afraid, we can all really only advise on our own experience .......

insurance can vary considerably based simply on your postcode. I seek to change our insurance every year come renewal date.

I shop around - use comparison websites and phone the usual recommended providers (Safeguard, Comfort, Stavely Head, Caravan Guard, Saga etc). Spend time on the ‘phone shopping around; don’t automatically renew with your existing provider and spend money on credible security.

Unusually though, this year, my renewal policy (Ageas through CMC) was £35 less than last year so for the first time in 38 years, I renewed with the same company.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator