Insurance refund?.

Earthmover

Hi,

Having just sold one of our cars yesterday and no longer need it's insurance cover, can I claim back some of the insurance fee for the 5 months left on the policy?. A couple of years ago LG wouldn't entertain a refund on an other car I sold. I am not replacing the car I sold. .

Cheers. Em

I don't know the answer but if you cancel the insurance to get the refund I'm 90% sure you will get a cancellation fee, which may not make it worthwile? You should be able to read the policy documents to check this, then make your choice

I have in the past when sorning a vehicle just left the insurance to run out if not much money involved?

snail - 2018-12-05 12:59 PM

I don't know the answer but if you cancel the insurance to get the refund I'm 90% sure you will get a cancellation fee, which may not make it worthwile? You should be able to read the policy documents to check this, then make your choice

I have in the past when sorning a vehicle just left the insurance to run out if not much money involved?

I can't recall the details, but I read recently of someone having serious problems after failing to cancel the insurance on a car they sold that was subsequently involved in an accident. I wouldn't contemplate retaining insurance on a vehicle I no longer owned, even if the cancellation charge was more than the refund due.

snail - 2018-12-05 12:59 PM

yes this was the case with my cancellation no refund and a charge fee so i said ok dont bother then to which they informed me i was not allowed to have insurance on a vehicle i do not own so i said thats your fault im not paying after some heated remarks they cancelled with no charge who were they camc insurance devitts

Archived