Insurance

Mickt

Always found Comfort to be good, have been with them for a number of years. Not the cheapest perhaps, but customer service us good and I find their add-on breakdown and recovery module to be good value (covers home and abroad). They have won a Which? award for motorhome/caravan insurance, and they currently do their insurance through Aviva.

There is another thread running about a notice from Comfort on recent thefts.

Regards,

Allianz is probably the biggest insurance company in the world. I've been with Comfort for many years. It paid out for an A-class windscreen claim without quibbling so for me, that makes them an excellent insurer in my mind. I find it responsive if I have a query.

My house and wife's car insurance is with LV and we're both happy with the service and support. Not made a claim on either though.

Still looking at quotes, it seems that a few companies now will not insure if you are over 74.I am trying to find cover that will bring your MH home from say Spain if the only driver is unfit.You maybe ill fallen over broken arm ect.

The CCC used to do this ,had experience of this, friends wife broke her ankle and the club flew her and husband home and sent out a driver to bring MH back.

Anybody else got this problem

thebishbus - 2018-11-22 8:20 AM

Another vote for Comfort ,Been with them for years. Unfortunately now approaching their age limit, so changed to Saga this year, similar premium though.

Brian B.

I would also vouch for Comfort. Not the cheapest but their overseas breakdown cover makes them truely competitive in my mind.

Unaware of any 'age limit' and got me concerned as I am now approaching 70.

We where with Safeguard. Found them very good and price competitive. Never had a claim except for windscreen Twice .Once a chip repair and second time the chip repair opened up , so a complete new screen, with no hassle.

PJay

CMC’s Red Pennant does this. Also provides health cover. Never had to use for anything too serious but this year very helpful when we discovered that someone had tried to force our fuel cap, damaging it so that it couldn’t be opened. Italian mechanic sent and fixed in a few minutes.

Archived