Inverter

chrisk

Hi,

I have just installed a 2000W modified sine wave inverter to my Adria Sonic Motorhome in order to use a small Nespresso coffee machine. The coffee machine lights blink but it won’t go into coffee making mode. It works perfectly at home.

The inverter powers the toaster without any problem.

Any ideas / suggestions please?

Thanks

Make and model details of the Nespresso coffee-maker you have might be useful.

These links discuss operating a Nespresso machine from an inverter.

https://expandasdownunder.com/threads/nespresso-power-from-inverter.5233/

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f2/power-draw-of-nespresso-type-coffee-machine-224561.html

As the coffee-maker’s electronics are likely to be significantly more sophisticated than those of your toaster, you may well need a pure sine wave inverter to run your Nespresso appliance.

A modified sine wave inverter will not power your Nespresso coffee machine.

Technology is more sophisticated than a toaster, plus iPad, lap tops are not happy with modified sine wave inverters.

We have a 1500w pure sine wave and this runs everything.

Hair dryer. Toaster. Chargers. Nespresso coffee machine and the list goes on.

Hi,

Thanks for both responses.

I sort of suspected that was the answer- so much for ‘saving’ money by purchasing the less expensive modified sine wave device??.

Back to Amazon!

Thanks again

If you are going to power anything valuable from an inverter I would strongly recommend keeping an eye on the output voltage, and considering a surge protector. I was powering a TV/DVD from a £5 inverter from china. Worked OK for a few months. When it failed I discovered the voltage was cycling anything up to 450v 8-)

Archived