Is streaming tv the future?

Kennyd

Hi all , I am looking at which way I’m going to receive tv in my new MH , is the writing on the wall for satellite’s ? , if mobile data becomes cheap enough could I stream tv from my phone to my tv , I don’t want to fit a satellite dish on my MH only to remove it in the not so near future , is there any other options?

• 4 weeks later...
I have a sattelite system on my new mh, but when I travel out of scope ie Spain then I use a Amazon Fire Stick, as long as you have enough data on your phone...I have 60gb per month then use your phone as a hot spot,of course if you can get wifi on site then that's even better. The fire stick is good value at around £50.00

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-MD826AM-Lightning-Digital-Adapter-white-x/dp/B009WHV3BM/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1541539594&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=apple+leads&dpPl=1&dpID=31ZFT5x8OML&ref=plSrch

Hope fully you can see the above. It’s the lightening cable for iPhones with a charging socket to connect to your tv.

Works perfectly. I only have 20gb, but using it sparingly it works for me over a 2 week holiday abroad

davidmac - 2018-11-06 11:03 PM

Hi we have a free view television in the motorhome for use in the UK but sitting watching tv when in Europe is not for me. Much more interesting things to see and do

Regards David

Not in the middle of winter when it is dark very early. In Spain for example it can be warm during the day in December and January but there is not a lot to do in the evenings so an hour or so of watching TV, especially catching up with the news, is essential in my opinion. At the end of the day it is for the individual to decide what they want and if watching TV is important to them it is not for anyone to criticise.

Archived