Isle of Man

Roy

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has visited the Isle of Man in their motor caravan. Any details of reasonable ferry fares would be appreciated.

Guest Docted
Roy the magazine usually does an article on ferry crossings in the spring and their has been in the past several articles on touring in the I-O-M. Good luck Docted

I visited I-O-M August 2004 for MANX GP Sailed from Liverpool Ideal for wild camping. Seacat will only take vans upto 6mtrs long 3mtrs high If larger than that you have to sail from Heysham.Cost at the time was £330. hope that is of help. Les

Guest Manxmaid
Hi Roy, We live in IOM and have a motorhome so can help. For fares log on to www.steam-packet.com or phone 01624 661661. Cant quote a fare as it depends when you travel. Midweek and evening sailings the cheapest, get a copy of St Pkt brochure which indicates cheapest sailings. No problem camping, several campsites and discrete wild camping tolerated (not on prom in front of hotels please!) We do B&B and have had vans on our drive using our hookup etc. If we can help further phone 07624 468494

Guest Roy Pledger
Many thanks to all. Unfortunately any plans to visit have had to be put on hold for the time being - hopefully to be resurected in the future. Roy

Archived