It's that time of year again........

Guest pelmetman

Anaesthetic professor debunked these claims a year or so back. Said there was no drug that could be pumped into a m/h or house to have this effect. He reckons it's alcohol induced drunken stupour, but then he's only an expert, what does he know when the Mail?Sun make up, oops I mean report, on a story

Really shouldn't give the kids so much beer in their shandies. Either the whole family was drunk or they were drugged or they were lying but the police must have believed them so somebody stole their stuff. Have any experts ever tried to sedate anyone in a campervan, I doubt it.

malc d - 2019-08-02 9:38 AM

I might have missed it - but they don't appear to have caught the thieves - so I wonder how the Daily Mail know they were French ?

:-|

The Daily Wail looked on a map where Antran is, found it was in France so concluded only French people live there. *-)

Typically they've published a map with a big arrow to help their "readers" see where Antran is. *-)

aandy - 2019-08-02 12:44 PM

Whom to believe, the Royal College of Anaesthetists or the Daily Mail. Tricky one that.

Even harder? the Royal College or the Sun who first reported it, I did actually see one of the Australian papers also ran it today, personally don't know of anyone, or anybody who knows anyone who has been a victim of this type of attack, but to pump gas in through the vents on the side of the van ??? I will reserve judgement.

Have I missed something here? How exactly did the theives get in the van? No report of forced entry, no signs on the pictures of the van? One report said they had no insurance? So it couldn't be a scam or could it? You don't suppose they left the doors unlocked? That would be embarrassing wouldn't it? Have to find a good escuse for that? Moi? Cynical? Non monsieur!

Pumped gas through which "air vents", exactly? Van was on a motorway services area, so no EHU. Fridge on gas? Those nice big vents in the picture are supposed to be room sealed, so anyone pumping gas through them would, a) fail to anaesthetise anyone inside, and b) probably set fire to the van as moat anaesthetic gases are highly flammable.

But then, (yawn! :-)) the administration of anaesthetics must be calibrated to the age, weight, and general health of the recipient, or it kills them. Two adults (one with a heart weakness) and two children, all neatly anaesthetised with no complications, while presumably sleeping at different levels in a motorhome, is not feasible.

Robbed probably, but the gas bit can only be an embellishment aimed at frightening Pelmet into checking the battery on his gas alarm!

Seems odd the tea-leaves would nick the medication. Must have relatives with asthma and weak hearts and have extremely good night vision to get just the right stuff.

Don't fear, Pelmet will be back to tell us it was all done by parking their car next to the van and filling it with carbon monoxide next. :-D But then, if they had a car why escape on foot?

The A10 is toll free, so access is fairly open, making it a bit difficult to understand why the tea-leaves climbed a fence to get out, when they could have just walked away.

More questions than answers, I think! Hope the insurance company is a bit more enquiring that the DM reporter, but hey, we've Dave the Brexit Pelmet to rely on here, so it has to be taken seriously. What he believes is totally incontrovertible! :-D

Archived