Italian "aires" web site

Guest Brian Ramsden

Guest Brian Ramsden
I have just come across the following web site for the italian equivalent of the French "aires de camping-cars" and I think, places where campervans can park in towns. I have not yet had chance to test any of the information - perhaps those who have used these facilities might be able to say how accurate/comprehensive the site is. The site is :- www.turismoitinerante.com/php/sosta/italia/search.php

Guest Nick Miller
Brian,you can also try www.camperonline.it, although the flashing adverts are enough to bring on a fit of the vapours. Dog and i are off to France shortly to test more of your municipal & dog walk suggestions.

Guest eddie d dinsdale
Hi Brian, altho not as motorhome friendly as France, Italy has quite a good selection of 'aires'. The site you mention carries a good selection, and is pretty accurate even if local conditions/availability can come and go quite quickly. Another site worth looking at is www.pleinair.it. Their lists come under the menu 'Portolano' and are very accurate and up to date. They in fact publish a booklet also called 'Portolano' which lists hundreds of 'aires' campsites etc. Saluti, eddie d

Archived