Iveco Carthago Liner for Two for sale at Chelston Motorhomes

TheEscapist

Hello everyone

Sadly, after many months of design, and thanks to those who have helped on the forum, but the Carthago Liner for Two is for sale at Chelston Motorhomes.

Contact Wayne Kavanagh, MD, if you are interested in buying a very top end fully-equipped 7.8m rear lounge home - aircon with auto climate, generator, 4 x solar panels and much more.

Thanks

Paul

Chelston Motorhomes normal policy when selling used motorhomes is to provide 1 year base-vehicle and habitation warranties, 6 months road-tax and (where appropriate) a 1 year MOT-test duration. This is irrespective of the make/model/type/age of the motorhome or its cost.

A 2019 Carthago won’t need an MOT certificate, and its Iveco (in this instance) base-vehicle and Carthago habitation and watertightness warranties should still be operative.

Am I missing something, but I can’t find any reference to this motorhome on the Chelston Motorhomes website?

There is an advert for a

CARTHAGO LINER FOR TWO I 53 Sold for £167,855 OTR

but that was the Fiat Ducato-based motorhome that Paul had initially (and Chelston took back) not the IVECO-BASED Carthago Liner for Two that Paul subsequently acquired and is referring to in the first posting on this thread.

Derek Uzzell - 2019-06-11 9:40 AM

Am I missing something, but I can’t find any reference to this motorhome on the Chelston Motorhomes website?

There is an advert for a

CARTHAGO LINER FOR TWO I 53 Sold for £167,855 OTR

but that was the Fiat Ducato-based motorhome that Paul had initially (and Chelston took back) not the IVECO-BASED Carthago Liner for Two that Paul subsequently acquired and is referring to in the first posting on this thread.

No, I think it’s my mistake - I forgot there were 2 Liner for 2s involved!

monique.hubrechts@gm - 2019-06-14 8:42 PM

I contacted Carthago about this. Paul is a typical blind folded customer who is advised by blind folded Chelston dealer. Just about pound sterling. Very sad reading typical UK.

Typical UK? It would be interesting to know what experience of UK businesses leads you to that opinion?

monique.hubrechts@gm - 2019-06-15 6:14 PM

aandy Read Paul comments. And they sell them anyway to customers who like the options.

To be fair to Chelston, all they did was sell Paul a motorhome with the extras that he had specified. When it became apparent that Paul's specification rendered the vehicle unsuitable, they refunded his money in full. In my view that is to their credit, and identifies them as a dealer with whom I would be very happy to do business.

However, what prompted my question to you was your assertion that what you described as a sad story was "typical UK", which suggested to me that perhaps you, too, had had unsatisfactory dealings with UK businesses.

Archived