You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Joint coverings for Eldiss Autoquest 115
AuthorMessage
userkeen canary
Posted: 5 February 2019 12:02 PM
Subject: Joint coverings for Eldiss Autoquest 115

Having a look around

Hi Everyone
Last year we purchased a new Eldiss Autoquest 115 after having a campervan for 7 years.
We have been reasonably happy with the MH and we do realise that its not the most expensive 2berth on the market, or the best build. Having said that I have noticed recently that the wall panel joint coverings in the toilet and in the lounge area are begining to lift on the edges and started to curl.
I have been back to the dealer and the responce was that when we take it in for a service they will attend to it then, maybe using a different adhesive.
My own opinion is that a better quality cover strip is needed rather than the very thin material that is fitted now, even if a different strip was more raised.
I was wondering if any other Eldiss owners had experienced a similar or the same problem and how it was rectified.
Regards to all
Keen Canary
userhallii
Posted: 5 February 2019 12:38 PM
Subject: RE: Joint coverings for Eldiss Autoquest 115

Epic contributor

I do not have experience of an Eldiss but I had a similar experience on a caravan I once owned. I used the flexible white plastic strip that has a very sticky sealant on the back sold for bath sealing. It makes a nice tidy joint.

Hope it helps

H
userColinM50
Posted: 5 February 2019 5:25 PM

A posting machine

Noticed the same on our Eldiss 196, seems as if the glue holding the "wallpaper" used as a join has wrinkled and curled. Not done anything about it yet, but am planning to re-stick it using Solvite border paste once I get one of those roundtuits. Unless someone has a better product/solution
userArmstrong2
Posted: 5 February 2019 7:35 PM

Liking what I've found

I had same problem with my elddis.i used a travel iron not to hot.smoothed over lightly.did the job
userColinM50
Posted: 5 February 2019 8:16 PM

A posting machine

Armstrong2 - 2019-02-05 7:35 PM

I had same problem with my elddis.i used a travel iron not to hot.smoothed over lightly.did the job

Brilliant, that's got to be worth a try
userDon636
Posted: 5 February 2019 9:49 PM

Has lots to offer

I have seen many new motorhomes with this type of problem on show in the showroom along with numerous other examples of shoddy, flimsy build and wonder why we put up with this and keep handing over our hard earned. Nobody would buy a car which was built this way surely.
userkeen canary
Posted: 5 February 2019 9:50 PM

Having a look around

will certainly give the iron a go may be with a cloth or piece of material in between.
KC
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator