Joint coverings for Eldiss Autoquest 115

keen canary

Hi Everyone

Last year we purchased a new Eldiss Autoquest 115 after having a campervan for 7 years.

We have been reasonably happy with the MH and we do realise that its not the most expensive 2berth on the market, or the best build. Having said that I have noticed recently that the wall panel joint coverings in the toilet and in the lounge area are begining to lift on the edges and started to curl.

I have been back to the dealer and the responce was that when we take it in for a service they will attend to it then, maybe using a different adhesive.

My own opinion is that a better quality cover strip is needed rather than the very thin material that is fitted now, even if a different strip was more raised.

I was wondering if any other Eldiss owners had experienced a similar or the same problem and how it was rectified.

Regards to all

Keen Canary

I do not have experience of an Eldiss but I had a similar experience on a caravan I once owned. I used the flexible white plastic strip that has a very sticky sealant on the back sold for bath sealing. It makes a nice tidy joint.

Hope it helps

H

Noticed the same on our Eldiss 196, seems as if the glue holding the "wallpaper" used as a join has wrinkled and curled. Not done anything about it yet, but am planning to re-stick it using Solvite border paste once I get one of those roundtuits. Unless someone has a better product/solution

I have seen many new motorhomes with this type of problem on show in the showroom along with numerous other examples of shoddy, flimsy build and wonder why we put up with this and keep handing over our hard earned. Nobody would buy a car which was built this way surely.

Archived