Just a bit of info. 50p fix

Gman

This morning, went out to M/H in drive to check on the batteries, a bit low on charge, so turned on EHU and went to look at charge rate on control panel, as I went to lock up an alarm started, the control panel was golng bezerk, beeping, lights flashing, les battery @30 volts, cab battery @20 volts, turned everything off PDQ. still in alarm mode 8-) Then the smoke alarm beeped, now that's totally independent. last time it needed a battery. So I thought try a new one in the panel, fixed it straight away did't even lose the time or settings:-D. Panic over, not the gloom and doom I first thought. been out this evening and all is still OK.

"moral is", Don't panic, it's not always as bad as it seems.

steve.

Based on earlier discussioins on this forum (and on others) I’m guessing that the control-panel of your CI Carioca 694 motorhome (2010 vintage?) will have been made by the Italian company “Nordelettronica”.

Perhaps you could confirm if that’s correct, please, and - if so - which model of Nordelettronica control-panel your motorhome has?

I don’t recall reading of any motorhome control-panel needing a £0.50 replaceable battery - what is the battery’s purpose?

Hi Derek,

Sorry for the late reply, yes it's a Nordelettronica NE154 panel, the manual calls it a buffer battery cr2032, and it's to maintain the program settings memory. (it may have been the freezing temps that pulled it down) Might be a first try fix on other panels too, before calling an electrician in to other panels. Hope this helps.

Steve.

Thanks for the feedback - that’s useful advice for anyone with that control-panel.

As you say, the “Memory Battery” is mentioned at the foot of Page 8 here

http://www.van-eggio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/NordElettronica-Centralina-NE152-KIT-NExxx-X.pdf

It would be interesting to know if this approach is unique to the NE154 control-panel, or used with other Nordelettronica panels, or used by other manufacturers. Using a supplementary ‘coin’ battery to maintain transient settings was certainly new for me.

Archived