Just a visa for more than 90/180?

Cattwg

Saw this on page 28 of the March MMM.

“it’s likely …. for three months (90 days) without a visa in any 180-day period but, if you want to tour longer, you will need a visa.”

The article implies that we can “tour” for more than the 90/180 limit by simply obtaining a visa. I didn’t think it was that simple. i.e. just get a visa for more than 90 days, or have I missed something?

To be fair the article does then direct people to gov.uk/visit-europe-1-january-2021 for advice.

Cattwg :-D

As I understand it, these visas will only be for work, business, study etc, not for leisure travel.

I'll check your link, and see what else I can find.

EDIT

Just had a look at the gov page, and it definitely says business etc, nothing to do with tourism.

So why on earth does the leading UK motorhome magazine raise false hopes by even mentioning visas for longer stays - which won't be available to its readers?

Desperately trying not to take sides, even between fact and fiction?

The application for Schengen visa is online, there is a definite no to an extension for tourism, it may be possible however to get permission for one country only, but that is up to that country, Spain may offer this.

Archived