Kent members – Timing Belt change garage recommendations?

BruceM

I've been using Rye Commercials at Hersden, near Canterbury, for a couple of years and very happy with them, though so far I've only had routine servicing done there. Previously I had used Burgess at Sittingbourne, who did a cambelt change two years ago for £450.

I've also heard good reports of Motorhomes Repaired at Dargate (between Whitstable and Faversham).

aandy - 2019-03-01 8:35 AM

I've been using Rye Commercials at Hersden, near Canterbury, for a couple of years and very happy with them, though so far I've only had routine servicing done there. Previously I had used Burgess at Sittingbourne, who did a cambelt change two years ago for £450.

I've also heard good reports of Motorhomes Repaired at Dargate (between Whitstable and Faversham).

Many thanks, I’ve contacted all three plus a few more now to gain a comparison.

Hi

In the Gravesend area I can recommend

E & S Commercial

76 Vale Rd, Northfleet, Gravesend, DA11 8DA

Tel 01474 564889

They carry out all my servicing and carried out a Timing Chain replacement on our Dethleffs last Year.

The charges are reasonable.

DJA - 2019-03-01 12:45 PM

Hi

In the Gravesend area I can recommend

E & S Commercial

76 Vale Rd, Northfleet, Gravesend, DA11 8DA

Tel 01474 564889

They carry out all my servicing and carried out a Timing Chain replacement on our Dethleffs last Year.

The charges are reasonable.

Thanks. They don’t have a website or email address listed which is unusual. I’ll wander down and have a look at them.

Hi BruceM

Reference my earlier comment I meant Timing Belt.

If you are going to visit them you may need some help they are tucked away in a small industrial estate.

Turn off Vale Road where the Crystal car wash sign is. As soon as you pass the Car wash turn Left and they at the end.

I was told about them by another local MH owner. Not the smartest of places but the quality of the work etc is good and I have no hesitation in using them. My son has just had some work done on his new to him old VW camper van.

Doug

• 3 weeks later...

So, to close the timing belt loop . . .

In all I emailed six service companies and received four responses.

I’m just back today from having the timing belt replaced by http://www.motorhomesrepaired.com – they’re in Dargate not far from Whitstable.

Sensibly priced, a friendly relaxed hassle free service, a fixed price inclusive quote, and they work on a lot of motorhomes so not fazed by an A Class with a letter box bonnet.

I recommend them.

Thank you to everyone for the advice.

Archived